2.2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 561     0 

Extend no-parking to 7pm

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Should we extend no-parking during rush hour to 7pm? At 6pm, when people now start parking, it's still the middle of rush hour, leaving thousands of cars stuck in idle on the streets.

Many curb lane parking spaces do not become available until 6.30 pm already. Restricting parking until 7pm will negatively impact retail strips, particularly their restaurants.

I think they should not allow any parking on the narrow downtown streets. I would much prefer people park on small side streets and leave the major arteries for flowing traffic and transit. Parked cars on Queen, King, Dundas, and other narrow streets not only slow down cars, but also make streetcars go beyond slowly.

If restaurants want more patrons, they should look to the many more pedestrians downtown then drivers.

I think that restaurants want to serve both pedestrians and drivers. It would be quite damaging to their business to exclude such a large proportion of the market. Side streets aren't usually suitable for parking since they are often reserved for the local residents.

Back