Vaughan Expo City: Expo 1,2, & Nord | ?m | 38s | Cortel Group | AJT Architects

I believe UD was referring to the late '80's, which was a different landscape in Vaughan and Markham than today. There are still farmer's fields, just not nearly as many as there were 20 years ago.

just got an email today saying its gonna open in spring 2011 for sale. highly doubt it. here's a link that was provided in the email: http://www.expocity.ca/

also, a realestate agent did confirm today that they changed the design of the buildings, but there still will be 4 or 5 of them.

additionally, he mentioned the prices would be sub-$400 a sqf... which makes sense as there is nothing there right now, and the subway wont be there for atleast another 5 years.

Vaughan Metro. Centre

The site has been fenced off about 2 weeks ago and additional billboards are being erected though...

I went to their website and thought it was funny that the developer mentions how this project is close to great schools and parks. I don't see any schools or parks in this large industrial area. What a, crock.

I'm totally agree with you.
This area is commercial/industrial.
Residential development looks out of place here.I would prefer an empty fields for such kind of a project...

I'm totally agree with you.
This area is commercial/industrial.
Residential development looks out of place here.I would prefer an empty fields for such kind of a project...

This whole area is being transformed into another faux-downtown (like Miss. City Ctr & Pickering Town Ctr). There will be a TTC Subway Station and most likely schools/amenities.

I think it is the right place to start high-rise residential development being near the subway terminus and a growing employment area. The subway being built here means that the lowrise light industrial needs to make ways for land uses of greater density.

well, they took the website down. either that, or their lease expired.

any new info? im guessing no showroom open house this month..lol

Anybody know if there is a sales date for expocity yet? I see that the sales centre is close to being completed already. Drove by there today

^^

the sales centre looks like it's still a couple of months away from completion. I'd say late Sept early Oct?

This 'neighbourhood' is such a joke! Does anyone expect WalMart to give up it's uber-suburban model and convert to an urban-friendly store? In Vaughan? Off of a Highway?

This will be nothing more than another Kipling Station, minus the proximity to any true urbanity (ie Islington Village, or whatev it's called).

This 'neighbourhood' is such a joke! Does anyone expect WalMart to give up it's uber-suburban model and convert to an urban-friendly store? In Vaughan? Off of a Highway?

Wal*Mart doesn't own the land. SmartCentres does. And they own A LOT of it! Keeping the area as is when the subway comes is just plain ridiculous for them from a financial standpoint.

This will be nothing more than another Kipling Station, minus the proximity to any true urbanity (ie Islington Village, or whatev it's called).

No, Vaughan Corparate/Metropolitan Centre or whatever its called is already better than the Kipling station area.

Back