Mississauga The Southlands | ?m | 72s | Camrost-Felcorp | a—A

So, what will be at the site now? Only a 15 storey tower or were the four towers of 40 storeys also approved? And this will not count as part of the Exchange District, but rather something else?
Check post #80 above for what is currently being envisioned for the site.

So, what will be at the site now? Only a 15 storey tower or were the four towers of 40 storeys also approved? And this will not count as part of the Exchange District, but rather something else?
No idea what is going on with the 15s site. The city opposed anything higher than 15s due to the school and backing onto low rise. If the school is to move to the new one on Elm, it will be a game changer for the area.

As for the the other 2 sites, either Camrost bought them or they will come out as something different. We now know what going to take place for this site now and have no issues with the height for it.

Check post #80 above for what is currently being envisioned for the site.
Ok thanks! Sorry, I am still new to this forum and working my way around! I actually just realised from your reply that each post has a number attached to it! How convenient! That is like how every calendar week here in Europe has a number associated to it so you can simply plan by saying "week 48".

Core drill underway on the site to the west of the parking lot.

Feb 21
DJI_0401.JPG

So when did this get named the Southlands?
Aug 7-no real changes other than excavator moving from the south part to the north edge and the adjacent field sporting a nice weed population

DJI_0316.JPG

I think they really need to repurpose some lanes on Burnahmthorpe and turn them to bicycle lanes and also add some sort of tram system that goes from City Center which links up with the LRT to the UTM Campus with stops along with way. This area needs less car lanes and more public transportation to make it more wakable. Parts of Burhamthrope look like Dubai.

I think they really need to repurpose some lanes on Burnahmthorpe and turn them to bicycle lanes and also add some sort of tram system that goes from City Center which links up with the LRT to the UTM Campus with stops along with way. This area needs less car lanes and more public transportation to make it more wakable. Parts of Burhamthrope look like Dubai.

If the CC loop is reinstated, you may get your wish, though it would be part of the LRT itself, not a separate system.

So when did this get named the Southlands?
Aug 7-no real changes other than excavator moving from the south part to the north edge and the adjacent field sporting a nice weed population

View attachment 419981

I find it amazing the way the side streets around the Sussex Centre were built with a street fronting plan considering they were built way back in the mid-80s. It's very isolated though.

I shot this on New Year's Day while doing a test flight on a new bird
1672849022631.jpeg

Jan 5
Stop by the site on my way to Sq One to look at the site again and found out why all the dirt pile up there as well a clear area. As I was shooting the site, a dump truck drove in with a load and wonder where it was coming from. With in 5 minutes after seeing the truck, I knew where the dirt was coming from.

The clear area is to allow the dump trucks to turn around to dump the loads that are coming from the main Exchange site across the street. There was another dump truck with the same colour and marking being fill when I shot that site.

I guess it's cheaper to have 2 driver's to move the excavate material to a temporary site than find a place to dump it with more tuckers for this time of the year. A crusher could be brought in at a later date to grin the material up which is mostly shell material that could be use for backfill for the main site as well other places.

Back