Mississauga The Southlands | ?m | 72s | Camrost-Felcorp | a—A

ec78e46f-3ff6-4ca8-b30f-869c5ffd3604_zpsonf0okwl.jpg

March 21

Not sure what the thread names is for the Greenpark lands at Webb Dr & Confederation also known as Roger Land, but there supposed to be a plan brought forth shortly showing new streets in this area as will having 6,000 units there.

Hight is an issues and most likely be less than 50s since the proposed building at Grand Dr and Burnthamthorpe of 31s is been recommended to be less than 28 and more around 16s.

The Ward councilor who is a pro development oppose the rollercoast effect along Burnthamthorpe starting with the propose 31s. Gee he needs to visit Yonge St. Again, the sky is supposed to height open to developers, yet everyone fears anything over 4s, let alone 35s.

Yes, the 31s building is going to have an effect on the low density area across the road for shadowing, so will anything over 4s.
This can be move to that thread

i'm guessing they are probably kicking themselves - waiting so long. Rogers has taken a lot of sales that could have been theirs.

Last edited:
Looks like this is getting ready to get off the ground, as the site is stake out now and core drill machine on site. The place was over run with weeds up to a month or so ago and it has been cut down and clear

Wow, something is finally happening here? Never thought I'd see this get off the ground, I even left it off my 3D model, lol. I guess M City, the Exchange, and PSV are giving them a kick in the pants to get it going.

The land was sold so hopefully something bold is a coming...View attachment 229870
Given the fact that both sites have been approved, a new zoning application will have to be file and go through planning if anything greater is plan for the approved sites.

With the possibility of Fairview School being move to Elm Dr, that land along with the approved development next to Fairview could see a new developer as well. 14 story is all you are going to get for both sites unless the houses on Joanne Dr are bought up. That development on the south side is own by the seller of these sites.

Given the fact that both sites have been approved, a new zoning application will have to be file and go through planning if anything greater is plan for the approved sites.

With the possibility of Fairview School being move to Elm Dr, that land along with the approved development next to Fairview could see a new developer as well. 14 story is all you are going to get for both sites unless the houses on Joanne Dr are bought up. That development on the south side is own by the seller of these sites.
Mississauga doesn’t have max heights or densities downtown so unless they wanted to adjust the parking rate or something it would just be a site plan application.

Mississauga doesn’t have max heights or densities downtown so unless they wanted to adjust the parking rate or something it would just be a site plan application.
Unofficially Mississauga did have Max Height until M City came along. The rental tower plan at Grand Dr was 33 story across from Pinnacle tower and council wanted it to be 15 story to slop up to Duke of York and then slop down to the east. 40 Story where the height at DoY. That statement is on a city video from a council meeting. Ask Pinnacle why their Uptown towers where cut back and lower when it went the larger plan went to council for approval. I spoke before council in support of that development and sad to see what there now.

The City talk the good talk that the sky is the limit for height and any tall towers by developers who wanted to do that, where taken behind close door and told this is how height you are going to be allow to build.

The City had a 1:1 ratio for parking in the core and increase it to 1:1025 a number of years ago. Various developers wanted to go less, but the city said it must be 1:1 min. Edger Towers wanted to be 50%, but the city said no, considering it by the plan LRT. It will not be 1:1, but around 70%. All the parking standards for Sq One Lands where reduced last fall.

I have sat at a numerous planning and development committees over the years for height and parking. These are the first 2 things the NIMBY folks jump on for most development city wide.

Do you think buildings should be taller around Erin Mills Town Centre compare to the current 25 story building being built???

Back