Mississauga The Southlands | ?m | 72s | Camrost-Felcorp | a—A

Seems ready for whatever they are planning for it to be whether that is a sales office or parking lot.

4FAC4358-14B1-4329-BE2B-C6A344FFDE14.jpeg

81D1F5BA-CC86-49E9-87D3-4A570765DBC5.jpeg

During an event launching the Legacy Collection at EX3 ($2 million+ suites), Camrost provided a preview of this project.

This development is called "The Southlands", will contain 4 towers at 45, 60, 60, and 75 storeys. First building is slated to come Q4 2022.

258884474_276756637754080_4707793542096830552_n.jpg

Source

Only photo I could find with a render of it:
258408061_724843615576036_5859561193691646165_n.jpg

Source

Nov 24
We had to laugh when we saw the signs posted around the site. Give a driver an inch, they will take a mile. What do they expect fool drivers will do when you leave the front gate wide open 7/24 since the fence went up??

Until they close the gate 7/24, the fool drivers looking for free parking will use this site to park illegal.
51703529373_9e48e59dfb_b.jpg

51703247021_7f27cc93dc_b.jpg

Nov 24
We had to laugh when we saw the signs posted around the site. Give a driver an inch, they will take a mile. What do they expect fool drivers will do when you leave the front gate wide open 7/24 since the fence went up??

Until they close the gate 7/24, the fool drivers looking for free parking will use this site to park illegal.
51703529373_9e48e59dfb_b.jpg

51703247021_7f27cc93dc_b.jpg
Maybe they are the construction workers?

I am really excited about this project. When I first heard about it, I wondered if the name had anything to do with Winnipeg's historic Exchange District in the downtown. It is often used for film and movie sets that take place in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
The original site was so incredibly under-utilised (and this can be said for much of the lands in the GTHA). I don't understand the rationale behind decades of several lonesome office towers surrounded by endless carparks and grass and weeds. Was there an original plan to develop these plots or was there a "tower in the park" mentality for office buildings like there was for apartments in the 1960's-1980's?
One memory I do have of that original office tower was getting breakfast at the Tim Hortons there on Saturdays as a kit between skating lessons and karate lessons at the Mississauga Civic Centre 😅. It was always a chocolate milk with a chocolate chip muffin... Maybe a hot chocolate if it was winter.

I am really excited about this project. When I first heard about it, I wondered if the name had anything to do with Winnipeg's historic Exchange District in the downtown. It is often used for film and movie sets that take place in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
The original site was so incredibly under-utilised (and this can be said for much of the lands in the GTHA). I don't understand the rationale behind decades of several lonesome office towers surrounded by endless carparks and grass and weeds. Was there an original plan to develop these plots or was there a "tower in the park" mentality for office buildings like there was for apartments in the 1960's-1980's?
One memory I do have of that original office tower was getting breakfast at the Tim Hortons there on Saturdays as a kit between skating lessons and karate lessons at the Mississauga Civic Centre 😅. It was always a chocolate milk with a chocolate chip muffin... Maybe a hot chocolate if it was winter.
The original plan for this site was to see 4 40s towers, a few more on the east side of the Davis towers and unknown between the 2 sites,

There is approved plan for a 15s tower on the southside of Webb Dr where it current stop.

The city wants to convert that walkway to the south to a street that will connect with Central Parkway and Sq One where the current office tower is on the northside of Burnhamthorpe.

Was expecting to see taller towers for this site and it will now be taller than The Exchange District Towers.

The poor Absolute towers who broke the 39s ceiling will loose the tile of the tallest in the city around Q1 2022 and this site will push it lower more once they are built. I hope the towers for this site are not a copied and paste like the north site.

The original plan for this site was to see 4 40s towers, a few more on the east side of the Davis towers and unknown between the 2 sites,

There is approved plan for a 15s tower on the southside of Webb Dr where it current stop.

The city wants to convert that walkway to the south to a street that will connect with Central Parkway and Sq One where the current office tower is on the northside of Burnhamthorpe.

Was expecting to see taller towers for this site and it will now be taller than The Exchange District Towers.

The poor Absolute towers who broke the 39s ceiling will loose the tile of the tallest in the city around Q1 2022 and this site will push it lower more once they are built. I hope the towers for this site are not a copied and paste like the north site.
Haven't the already lost the title to M1 and M2? No way they arent taller at this point.

Haven't the already lost the title to M1 and M2? No way they arent taller at this point.
Not yet as they haven't past PSV roof yet and need to past 56 floor to become the new tall tower in Mississauga. They will loose the tallest towers in 2 years when M3 will become the tallest.

It will be interesting to see another tower built that will pass M3 height as well when and where.

Not yet as they haven't past PSV roof yet and need to past 56 floor to become the new tall tower in Mississauga. They will loose the tallest towers in 2 years when M3 will become the tallest.

It will be interesting to see another tower built that will pass M3 height as well when and where.
Wasn’t the original exchange towers supposed to include one the same height as m3 until it got chopped down.

So, what will be at the site now? Only a 15 storey tower or were the four towers of 40 storeys also approved? And this will not count as part of the Exchange District, but rather something else?

Back