News   Apr 23, 2024
 315     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 899     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 496     0 

Eve (Mississauga, Amacon, 32s) COMPLETE

The newer streets in Mississauga have the opposite problem: they are very narrow. Some barely three lanes wide so if there are cars parked on the street there very little room to manuveur.

For the arterials, I would actually prefer the outer lanes to be a little wider than normal to give more room for cyclists. They did this for one of the roads - after a cyclist was killed after falling from a bridge - but I forgot which one.

I hate roads that are two lanes wide but not marked as such. It always leads to confusion. And confusion on the road isn't a good thing.

Yup, I've seen many accidents at Mississauga Valley Blvd. and Elm Dr.
Both of them are single lane roads that are wide enough for 4 lanes. Add street side parking to that and one of the lanes leading to the intersection is a driveway, which makes the intersection a 3 way stop not a 4 way stop and you have major confusion. I see a car go through the stop sign almost every time I walk past that intersection to go to the grocery store. Now I look in every direction twice before I cross lol.

The newer streets in Mississauga have the opposite problem: they are very narrow. Some barely three lanes wide so if there are cars parked on the street there very little room to manuveur.

For the arterials, I would actually prefer the outer lanes to be a little wider than normal to give more room for cyclists. They did this for one of the roads - after a cyclist was killed after falling from a bridge - but I forgot which one.

That would be Burnhamthorpe near the Credit River

The crane should be coming down shortly

2813412112_abe4d837bc_b.jpg

Work starting on the 3rd tower

2813411018_94ec05f808_b.jpg

Yup, I've seen many accidents at Mississauga Valley Blvd. and Elm Dr.
Both of them are single lane roads that are wide enough for 4 lanes. Add street side parking to that and one of the lanes leading to the intersection is a driveway, which makes the intersection a 3 way stop not a 4 way stop and you have major confusion. I see a car go through the stop sign almost every time I walk past that intersection to go to the grocery store. Now I look in every direction twice before I cross lol.

Now that the paving is done for that intersection, I will find out if the city lives up to their word about doing something about that 4 lane road in painting the new markings.

There is to be supposed marking to show which lane is a through lane and a turning lane.

The city is playing with fire by leaving the road as is and not paint the centre out to make it a single lane. The traffic doesn't warrant a 4 lane road in this area.

Every time I come upon and accident, I tell the drivers to sue the city because they know about the problem and refused to do anything about it. Even Peel police refused to deal with speeders or running the stop signs at this intersection.

I have witness 3 real bad accidents at this intersection first hand. One case saw a person who was doing over 80k in the 40k zone run the stop sign only to hit a van crossing the street legal that that got driven 40' down the street from the impact only yo have the driver said it was not her fault after claiming the other person ran the stop sign. She only had her car 1 day and it was a right off. In the end, she was charge and admitted to them.

75% of drivers run the stop signs with 60% of those driver speeding in the first place.

Now that the paving is done for that intersection, I will find out if the city lives up to their word about doing something about that 4 lane road in painting the new markings.

There is to be supposed marking to show which lane is a through lane and a turning lane.

The city is playing with fire by leaving the road as is and not paint the centre out to make it a single lane. The traffic doesn't warrant a 4 lane road in this area.

Every time I come upon and accident, I tell the drivers to sue the city because they know about the problem and refused to do anything about it. Even Peel police refused to deal with speeders or running the stop signs at this intersection.

I have witness 3 real bad accidents at this intersection first hand. One case saw a person who was doing over 80k in the 40k zone run the stop sign only to hit a van crossing the street legal that that got driven 40' down the street from the impact only yo have the driver said it was not her fault after claiming the other person ran the stop sign. She only had her car 1 day and it was a right off. In the end, she was charge and admitted to them.

75% of drivers run the stop signs with 60% of those driver speeding in the first place.

You'll be glad to know then, that they have temp markings up right now, which have TURNING LANES! Yay! lol. Now let's see if people will obey the proper lane markings when they are complete.

You'll be glad to know then, that they have temp markings up right now, which have TURNING LANES! Yay! lol. Now let's see if people will obey the proper lane markings when they are complete.

Nope...............Putting in Bike lanes 1.5m.

Yes lets see if this works as well obey it.

I can see it now.........LOL

Ya they'll obey it, just like how people are obeying the bus only shoulders on Hurontario at the bus stops at intersections.

The crane is coming down on Monday and could it be ship to tower E for Absolutle

The hole is almost dug and should be completed by Oct.

Sept 20
2874165669_387b9202f2.jpg

2874994008_a0e57426b9.jpg

2874165523_3edd5cb0bd.jpg

2874165473_0a17d9018f.jpg

2874165845_868f7d39f5.jpg

I'm really surprised Wally's has lasted as long as it has at this location.

I don't know, the eccentric taxman guy with the waving silhouette cutout and amateur signage on his lawn just a block north seems to be doing just fine and he fronts Hurontario as well!

Kind of a bizarre area now with massive condos on one side of the street and old Cooksville bungalows on the other, with some empty overgrown lots sprinkled in for good measure (and illegal parking).

I wonder if those places (Wallys, odd tax guy) are holding out for a better deal or just aren't interested in packing up and moving elsewhere. If the space becomes too tight they won't be able to develop the land anyway.

I remember dropping by and taking a look at the EVE condo designs a while back. The designs were efficient in layout and priced reasonably well. I seem to remember it was appealing to Chinese buyers with an absent 4th floor unless I'm mixing it up with another development in the area. One thing I didn't like as much was the location nudged right up to Hurontario but a nice design otherwise.

Back