News   Mar 28, 2024
 391     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 367     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 715     0 

ericmacm's Pan-Canadian Future Skylines [SketchUp Rendering]

I'm introducing a new skyline into the fold - Halifax.

Halifax, NS:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 30

Halifax Watermarked V1-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-8 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
19-proposed high rise towers in Barrie? :eek:

Definitely not what I was expecting to read! I am sure that number will be set to grow as more land parcels are assembled. Just look at the underutilized lots in that final image!

Update for London. Added some more proposals that have been sitting around for a while, but aren't explicitly dead. I have also got the first iteration of my Windsor skyline done as well. I wanted to make one for the last couple of years, but there have been no major proposals until recently, with at least 8 towers in the pipeline for downtown.

London, ON:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 32

London Watermarked V5-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

London Watermarked V5-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

London Watermarked V5-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

London Watermarked V5-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

London Watermarked V5-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

London Watermarked V5-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Windsor, ON:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 8

Windsor Watermarked V2-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Windsor Watermarked V2-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Windsor Watermarked V2-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
I was thinking today that Pickering might be an interesting locality with a bunch of new proposals to look at.

There are about 60 buildings in various stages of planning, most with a height between the height of 10 storeys to 50 storeys, including some large development sites like Universal City, Pickering Town Centre, Pickering Square, the 8-tower Sobrara project, and the SmartCentres lands.

I was thinking today that Pickering might be an interesting locality with a bunch of new proposals to look at.

There are about 60 buildings in various stages of planning, most with a height between the height of 10 storeys to 50 storeys, including some large development sites like Universal City, Pickering Town Centre, Pickering Square, the 8-tower Sobrara project, and the SmartCentres lands.

Pickering wasn't on my radar, but clearly it should be with that many buildings proposed. It's going to be a bit until I get to that though, my two big projects right now are working on Ottawa and updating Halifax. After those two are done, I plan on working on Vaughan, so Pickering will unfortunately be behind in the queue.

New year, new skyline. I've got my first iteration of Ottawa ready to show. There is still a lot of work to be done, but I've got a decent start with a fair amount of buildings modelled. It'll be an interesting skyline in the future, as it is very spread out. I am including Gatineau in this skyline as well.

Ottawa, ON:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 46

Ottawa Watermarked V1-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V1-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V1-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V1-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V1-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa Watermarked V1-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Would be very neat to add the Zibi Waterfront project in future iterations of Ottawa. I found that to be among the toughest projects to visualize how it might look on the skyline when completed.
Zibi will be added in the next iteration, as will the new LeBreton Flats plan. I'd like to add Tunney's Pasture as well, but the plans for that are still not as clear. Ottawa really has a lot going for it in terms of large, sweeping redevelopment projects lately.

New quality-of-life update for one of my earliest skylines, Saskatoon. Updated the massing for Baydo Towers, and added 6 new buildings (a mix of active and inactive projects). Saskatoon's River Landing development is essentially complete, but still hasn't been updated in Google Earth yet.

Additionally, I will be updating the initial post of this thread with a link to a Google Sheet that I will be using to track the information of these new developments for all of my skylines. I will be keeping it read-only in the meantime, but I plan on eventually opening it up for other people to contribute to as I work on more cities.

Saskatoon, SK:

Total # of new towers in skyline: 12

Saskatoon Watermarked V2-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Saskatoon Watermarked V2-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Saskatoon Watermarked V2-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Saskatoon Watermarked V2-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Saskatoon Watermarked V2-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Love to see a kitchener watterloo future skyline if possible ! There's lots of new development downtown area ! Keep up the good work thanks !

Back