253     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 290     0 

ericmacm's Pan-Canadian Future Skylines [SketchUp Rendering]

ericmacm

Member Bio
Reaction score
Logo Wordmark.png

Welcome to my Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project! This thread is a compilation of my 3D skyline modelling work that I have been working on since March 2020, a project I started working on during the initial COVID-19 lockdown. I create massing models of proposed developments using SketchUp, geolocate them, and then insert them into Google Earth in order to effectively visualize the impact these developments have on their local cityscapes and skylines. I am doing this for the long-neglected and attention-starved smaller cities across our country and am always working on adding new cities to my project. The eventual plan for this project is to build a system so everyone can view my models publicly online. The online version of Google Earth was initially a hopeful candidate for this, but there appears to be problems with adding in KMZ files. I am still in the process of figuring out a way to make it work, and I will post a link once it is ready.

Additionally, I have added a development tracker spreadsheet on Google Sheets as my next phase of the project, to organize and consolidate information about all of the proposals in my models. The sheet is currently read-only, but I plan to eventually open it up so other people can add in information if they want to. I will update this post once it becomes publicly editable.

I am excited to continue updating my project cities well into the future. If you're interested in my work, check out the Instagram I made for my work: @pancanadianskylines

I hope you enjoy!

Links:

Tracker Spreadsheet (Read-Only)

The list of cities so far (West to East):

Kelowna, BC

Kelowna Watermarked V2-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Saskatoon, SK

Saskatoon Watermarked V2-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Windsor, ON

Windsor Watermarked V2-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

London, ON

London Watermarked V5-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Hamilton, ON

Hamilton Watermarked V7-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls, ON

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga, ON

Mississauga Watermarked V5-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Barrie, ON

Barrie Watermarked V2-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Ottawa, ON

Ottawa Watermarked V1-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax, NS

Halifax Watermarked V1-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Attachments

• Logo Wordmark.png
    Logo Wordmark.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 248
  • Logo Wordmark.png
    Logo Wordmark.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 254
  • Logo Wordmark.png
    Logo Wordmark.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
It's nice to see future development of midsize Canadian metro areas ! Keep it up and create other cities that haven't done in Canada!

Look at how many parking lots there are in Hamilton! It's just a matter of time before that city explodes with development, and then that model is gonna become super super fun to watch it update! :)

Last edited:
Of all places, Koops, why post that here?

Update for Hamilton, and a new addition - Barrie. I currently have a couple more new ones in the works, Halifax and Vaughan, but they're not ready yet.

Barrie, ON:

j0fnaiph.jpg

eUcFokhh.jpg

Hamilton, ON:

qp1JySHh.jpg

KnMRo39h.jpg

xKiMPPmh.jpg

93qRlqIh.jpg

UhGfMWuh.jpg

N9tf9gdh.jpg

Looking excellent... except I think the tallest Barrie tower is the middle one. Can't wait to see more...

Updates for Niagara Falls. I updated the Loretto design to the 3Bridges one, added the proposed 20s addition to the Four Points, added a preliminary condo design for a narrow lot on Fallsview, the Stanley District condos, and the River Road condos. I also threw in the old designs for Skylon North and South hotels as a fun Easter egg.

Niagara Falls, ON:

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-8 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

It would make Niagara Falls more visible from across the lake.

Last edited:

Back