News   Apr 19, 2024
 36     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 724     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.9K     2 

Employees of Liberty Development found going into condo suites when your not home

Naveen

Member Bio
Reaction score
An employee of Liberty Development was caught and charged with entering condo suites and stealing homeowners belongings. What would you do if this was you?

which Liberty site is this? was it on the news ??

Naveen,
Have your issues been fully resolved with Liberty yet?
Sounds like you still have a vengenance with Liberty.

There are always two sides of the story, and as much as I don't like to hear people doing dishonest or illegal acts on innocent others, I like to hear my news from unbaised and accurate sources.
Unless you heard this on the news, I would only speak on behalf of your observations. I don't mind reading your posts, but I would greatly appreaciate it if you can state if this is something you saw personally or you heard it in the news.
Your posts could be interpreted as slander, and Liberty may go after you if you go too far.

Thanks!

Dear neuhaus,

Thank you kindly for your feedback. I do not have a vengence with Liberty but rather speaking from experience and factual information. The news taints stories and edits them to their liking. The facts is a Liberty Development employee was caugh on camera spealing from a unit on the lower penthouse. He was charged by York Regional Police. Also, the superintendent went into my suite without permission. Thankfully nothing that I know went missing but I did call York Region Police.

If you were in my position, what would you recommend? Would you persue a legal action for invasion of privacy?

Naveen, how do you know this person was charged? Did you see the charge? How do you know that the superintendent went into your suite? If you can prove it, then yes, you should do something about it -- I'd start with filing a complaint to the Board. And document everything.

Could you change your locks?

That is multiple tresspassing and theft/burglary -- and the developer is responsible for their employees. And for their employees that could be a serious criminal charge.
Has the developer handed the HOA Board over to the homeowners yet? If not, it would be hard to get them to cooperate, especially if they have access to the secuirty camera recordings.
Other homeowners in your building should be warned about these break-ins.

If the police was there and actually arrested a Liberty employee, than you have a good case against the developer and supporting evidence.
You should band together with your other homeowners (strength in numbers) to get things moving and to put the pressure on the developer to straighten their act -- Liberty surely doesn't want to be involved in a lawsuit or on some TV investigative news story.

Thanks for the heads up Naveen ... when was this incident? EKO's been registered a while back and I'm shocked to hear this ~

are you still in the building? I've recently acquired an interest in EKO (resale) and would like to hear more about your experiences :D

I have evidence of the Liberty Development employee being charged because I know the people who it happened to. As for the superintendent coming into my suite, when I called the cops on him he admitted it.

I have evidence of the Liberty Development employee being charged because I know the people who it happened to. As for the superintendent coming into my suite, when I called the cops on him he admitted it.

Dear Solaris,

In my opinion, Liberty Development ranks lower than whale poo. Be very cautious before buying from them. Homework needs to be done on these guys before buying from them. Speak to HSBC Bank, Hair Salon, Dental office at the commercial building at Hwy 7 + Warden. They have had water flooding on more than one occasion because of poor construction and an ongoing battle with Liberty Development. Less than one year after the condo was built the swimming pool was closed for nearly 7 months because it was defective. The list goes on and on.

Should you want proof of such events, I can provide you with parties to contact and written correspondence. In my opinion stay very far away from Liberty Development. You money maybe better invested in another builder. I also posted another thread months back on how they built my condo unit.

Also there is a man who posted a petition online which includes Liberty Development who is owned by Fred Darvish, Online Property Management who is owned by the same and Darcon who is or was owned by Latif. Please see this link: http://www.petitiononline.com/cndmulkl/petition.html

Please give your feedback

Dear Solaris,

In my opinion, Liberty Development ranks lower than whale poo. Be very cautious before buying from them. Homework needs to be done on these guys before buying from them. Speak to HSBC Bank, Hair Salon, Dental office at the commercial building at Hwy 7 + Warden. They have had water flooding on more than one occasion because of poor construction and an ongoing battle with Liberty Development. Less than one year after the condo was built the swimming pool was closed for nearly 7 months because it was defective. The list goes on and on.

Should you want proof of such events, I can provide you with parties to contact and written correspondence. In my opinion stay very far away from Liberty Development. You money maybe better invested in another builder. I also posted another thread months back on how they built my condo unit.

Also there is a man who posted a petition online which includes Liberty Development who is owned by Fred Darvish, Online Property Management who is owned by the same and Darcon who is or was owned by Latif. Please see this link: http://www.petitiononline.com/cndmulkl/petition.html

Please give your feedback

And you say you do not have a vengence with Liberty?? ;)

change your locks

Please do not think it's a vengence. All I really want is to bring valuable information to consumers through education. Maybe one day someone will be grateful than I had the guts to step up. What if I had the chance to read about stuff like this before buying from Liberty. I definitely would not have purchased from them. Instead I would have bought in one of the many others builders in the neighborhood. Is that fair?

Did he give an excuse as to why he was in your suite? I know when we've moved into condo's the property management has asked all residents to sign a sheet basically giving them the authority to enter your suite if you're not home. They do this to change the HVAC filters, do fire alarm testing, and in case of emergency (i.e. water damage). Did you sign a similar letter?

Back