Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Thank you!

4800 Yonge is the address of the Impark Lot though. Does the subway station have the same street address?

Yeah, that's right,... Starbucks must be hiring now for Menkes 4800 Yonge subway connection,.... the same Menkes 4800 Yonge that's going to OMB,... and even if Menkes win, won't be completed for about 10 years,..... but Starbucks is betting that's way before anything will open on 2nd floor of EmeraldPark!

Yeah, that's right,... Starbucks must be hiring now for Menkes 4800 Yonge subway connection,.... the same Menkes 4800 Yonge that's going to OMB,... and even if Menkes win, won't be completed for about 10 years,..... but Starbucks is betting that's way before anything will open on 2nd floor of EmeraldPark!

Ok, we're here to find out what's going on in the city, not to be dicks to each other. If you hear that Starbucks is opening in the subway station or Metro has bought back the LCBO space that it sold to some random company, post that and explain how you found out. Or don't post at all if you don't want to, but don't just expect everyone else to know everything that you do and write smug comments when they question what you're saying or when they disagree with you on something. You're not gonna win a prize for being a sarcastic cock to everyone else on the forum (besides another ban, perhaps).

Just curious if anyone knows what, if anything, is being done about the poor dead trees on the sidewalk along Poyntz. If I recall, the irrigation system was not installed properly or something to that effect. Dead trees with garbage in the tree wells and little sandwich boards chained to them do not result in an attractive street scape.

Ok, we're here to find out what's going on in the city, not to be dicks to each other. If you hear that Starbucks is opening in the subway station or Metro has bought back the LCBO space that it sold to some random company, post that and explain how you found out. Or don't post at all if you don't want to, but don't just expect everyone else to know everything that you do and write smug comments when they question what you're saying or when they disagree with you on something. You're not gonna win a prize for being a sarcastic cock to everyone else on the forum (besides another ban, perhaps).

I'm not Metro, thus for me to answer why Metro would use "local signature" last year for tax purposes/to protect LCBO but not now,... would be "just speculating",....

Why don't you post proof for all your posts??? If I post my homework and proof, by posts become way too long,... then members who don't contribute anything start complaining,...

AmnesiaJune, before you play wannabe internet cop, perhaps you should at least familiarize yourself with UrbanToronto's Rule Of Conduct found here
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/urban-toronto-rules-of-conduct.7113/

UrbanToronto's Rule Of Conduct:
- Posting Guidelines - "No sexist, racist or offensive language of any kind will be allowed. Postings of a sexual nature are also prohibited." AmnesiaJune using offensive language "dicks" & "cock"
- Posting Guidelines - "Name calling and other such offenses against other forum members will not be tolerated." AmnesiaJune name calling me "dicks" & "a sarcastic cock"
- Trolling - "No trolling, which is to say that a post or an ongoing series of posts of an antagonistic and disruptive nature, including borderline pathological attention to certain threads, which add little new perspective or information, and those which will only serve to needlessly and baselessly provoke a particular member or a group of members, are prohibited." AmnesiaJune is trolling me using Just Asking Question (JAQ) technique,.... AmnesiaJune is the only poster constantly questioning every little detail in my posts on multiple threads, constantly "JAQing off" asking for clarification, confirmation, proof, etc,... otherwise it's classified as poor homework or "just speculating",...

AmnesiaJune,...
Problem: I don't like all your countless pestering "JAQing off" questions of my posts, you don't like the way I reply,...
Solution: AmnesiaJune, welcome to my ignore list!

Just curious if anyone knows what, if anything, is being done about the poor dead trees on the sidewalk along Poyntz. If I recall, the irrigation system was not installed properly or something to that effect. Dead trees with garbage in the tree wells and little sandwich boards chained to them do not result in an attractive street scape.

The line of dead trees along south side of Emerald Park along Poyntz Ave *might* be removed/replaced later as options are to slightly change road configuration especially closer to Yonge with odd intersection at Yonge-Poyntz/Anndale as part of ReImagining Yonge Street Study,.... also looking at replacing those ugly wooden hydro poles along south side of Poyntz,...
IMG_5877.JPG

IMG_5862.JPG

(Here, City property line is generally about 1foot from building)

As for the wooden sandwich boards against those dead trees along Poyntz,... they're placed there by the various mom&pops retail stores in EmeraldPark,.... while technically against city bylaws, nobody has complained and as long as they're not blocking pedestrian access on the sidewalk or pose tripping hazard, City municipal bylaw enforcement officers won't bother at this particular site (somewhat verbal agreement),.... positive side-effect is they provide notice of the dangerous tree well which are tripping hazards!

Oops,... I haven't provided any links or proof of what I just posted! Oh the humanities,... I guess, you'll just have to wait and see,.... as you plan your new route through the main entrance of TTC Yonge-Sheppard Station so you'll pass by the new Starbucks on the way to work in the morning,...

Attachments

• IMG_5877.JPG
    IMG_5877.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 1,021
  • IMG_5862.JPG
    IMG_5862.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 934
Last edited:
Also issues with tree planters in front of Bazis Emerald Park along Yonge Street and Bogert,... 2 metre wide tree planter full of dog crap, garbage and cigarette butt as Emerald Park building management doesn't maintain them since they're on City property,... thus, technically should be City's responsibility but City doesn't maintain them (just like making homeowners responsible to mow grass and shovel snow on City's right-of-way property in front of their house)

IMG_5290.JPG

These low planters are tripping hazards and should be replaced. All Spring and Summer, I was hoping EmeraldPark would at least plant something in these tree planter boxes,... but nothing,...

But just look across the street at Tridel's Hullmark Centre, (black planters and stairs on building's side of property line and pedestrian sidewalk and cement tree planters on City right-of-way property). Tridel/DelPropertyManagement legally don't have to maintain them since they're on City property but they do!!! Notice, the cement tree planter box that Tridel built for the City on City property are high enough for people to sit on them!
IMG_5243.JPG

TridelHullmarkCentre_TreeBox.jpg

Which side of Yonge Street looks more inviting,... where would you rather walk?

Attachments

• IMG_5290.JPG
    IMG_5290.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_5243.JPG
    IMG_5243.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 687
  • TridelHullmarkCentre_TreeBox.jpg
    TridelHullmarkCentre_TreeBox.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 723
Last edited:
City considering shifting Beecroft Road eastward near EmeraldPark as part of Reimaging Yonge/Beecroft/Doris,.... to make room for cycling infrastructure on Beecroft. LansingUnitedChurch/CommunityCentre property line goes almost right to pedestrian sidewalk along west side of Beecroft,... thus to make room for uni-directional cycle track (as shown) or 10 feet wide bi-directional CycleTrack or 10 feet wide off-road multi-use trail along the much safer west-side of Beecroft,... Beecroft Road would need to shift eastward towards EmeraldPark and eat up part of the 5 to 10 feet of the 20 feet wide grassy boulevard along east side of Beecroft. Opportunity for remaining 10 to 15 feet of grassy boulevard to host layby parking along east side of Beecroft Road to allow parking all day even during rush-hour,... that would benefit retailers in EmeraldPark.
IMG_6298.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6298.JPG
    IMG_6298.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 551
On whatever side I happen to be on or be going to. Nobody's going to waste time crossing Yonge Street because the trees look prettier on the other side.

No, it's another example in the difference between a well managed building like Hullmark and .... Emerald Park. It's about making the neighbourhood an attractive place to live. Especially when the residents here pay SO MUCH in maintenance fees.

I love walking my dog around the building and seeing dog crap and cigarette butts everywhere. Also enjoy seeing doors STILL constantly being broken, blocked off with sandbags, cones, flower pots. Did they even bother repairing the 2 mall entrances that were broken or did they break again? They literally just fixed the door on the 9 Bogert side where they were holding the door open with a flower pot... smh. Oh yeah, the big metal "9" sign fell off and is just lying on the sidewalk too.

Cigarette butts are everywhere in the city as smokers don't think of their waste as litter. Dog owners are primarily responsible for picking up their dog's droppings. Many find that action distasteful and then leave it to others to deal with. Sadly, the routes that dog-walkers take dictates where the dog waste will likely end up. This includes the damage and staining due to dog urine as well.

No, it's another example in the difference between a well managed building like Hullmark and .... Emerald Park.

Go to Hullmark's main subway entrance where 4/6 doors are perpetually broken (often the accessible one doesn't work) and one escalator is almost always out of service, and then tell me about how much better-managed that building is.

I nearly walked into a puddle of fresh dog piss yesterday, right at the pointy NW corner of Emerald Park. People should obviously know better but I think that the poor maintenance of building grounds does not help matters. It is a known fact that when people see a mess, they are more likely to contribute to that mess.

On another note, I spoke to the contractor tearing up the sidewalk near the corner of Poyntz and Beecroft. Apparently, the drains installed in the sidewalk were sticking out too much. They were asked to redo the plumbing and for that they had to tear up that stretch of the sidewalk. Yet another defect that needed attention.

On another note, I spoke to the contractor tearing up the sidewalk near the corner of Poyntz and Beecroft. Apparently, the drains installed in the sidewalk were sticking out too much. They were asked to redo the plumbing and for that they had to tear up that stretch of the sidewalk. Yet another defect that needed attention.

Oh,... you mean this corner,.... photo taken a few days ago,...
IMG_6613.JPG

Hmmm,... why does re-doing the pedestrian sidewalk looks so familiar at this corner???,...... Oh, that's right, they already had to re-do the sidewalk at this exact same corner less than 2 years ago!!! When they screw up the simple task of lining up those metal plates!!!
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...-rosario-varacalli.4829/page-112#post-1063982

EmeraldPark developer hired the cheapest contractors, and screwed them over,.... so in return, many contractors screwed over EmeraldPark developer Bazis whenever they could,... including the contractor hired for the pedestrian sidewalk job,.... they must have used the cheapest concrete and mixed in extra sand filler because the City has already forced Bazis to replace about half of the pedestrian sidewalk especially along Beecroft Rd and Bogert Ave due to premature cracking and chipping,.... the contractors knew they were doing a poor job so they never put their company stamp on their work here (look around, all City sidewalk - supposed to have sidewalk contractor and year stamped onto it!),.... but the funniest part of the most recent pedestrian sidewalk repair,... is the contractor actually put their stamp on their work!!! So now we know which contractor did such a crappy job with all the pedestrian sidewalk around EmeraldPark!
IMG_6647.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6613.JPG
    IMG_6613.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_6647.JPG
    IMG_6647.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 588

Back