News   Apr 19, 2024
 828     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Emails for every reply in a thread

.dwg

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am receiving an email notification every single time someone replies to me in a thread. I have checked all through the Account page and I can't see anywhere that I have this feature enabled.

: /

I am receiving an email notification every single time someone replies to me in a thread. I have checked all through the Account page and I can't see anywhere that I have this feature enabled.

: /

In the "Watch Thread" at the top of the thread, there are two options:
  • and receive email notifications
  • without receiving email notifications

That is not the issue. That is turned off for me as is the central email setting in my Account settings.

Is this still happening @.dwg ?
It used to be the case for me, my client (Gmail) would stack them up in one alert when they were coming fast and furious, the amount and frequency of those alerts probably being mostly due to my Gmail settings.

Then it throttled back to one alert until it was accessed on the UT server starting about a month or so back, then the following alerts of that string would come *singularly* until accessed likewise the first.

That revision makes sense, as one alert is enough to remind one that the string is refreshing with (a) new post(s).

There might be tags responding differently on other platforms, I use Linux.

I have this problem too. I delete dozens of emails each day. Every thread I replay to adds - watch - and send email alerts as a default I suppose. I can't figure out how to turn these off.
upload_2018-1-3_21-31-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-3_21-31-42.png
    upload_2018-1-3_21-31-42.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 494
Yes, as W.K. Lis says, go to account>preferences, where you may need to uncheck the "receive email notifications" option.
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 9.45.18 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 9.45.18 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 9.45.18 AM.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 445

Back