Mississauga Elm Public School | ?m | 2s | PDSB | Moffet & Duncan Architects Inc

that doesn't make any sense. if you have to buy more land and or build an extension it's going to cost significantly more money than building it the correct size to begin with.
They have already allocated land for portables. Mississauga parents are seemingly OK with portables, so, there really isn't any incentive for the region of Peel to spend more money.

They have already allocated land for portables. Mississauga parents are seemingly OK with portables, so, there really isn't any incentive for the region of Peel to spend more money.
Yes. It’s on the sites development plan. I don’t see the logic in it. I wouldn’t be ecstatic about my kid in a portable. And it is stranger to foresee the issue and just shrug and say here’s where we will put our bandaid solution.

The portables are on the west side of the school and north of the street if required. If the current school is been close, the new school will be need portable 2023-25 or so. With 4 towers under construction on the southside of Burnhamthrope, it will start to put pressure on the new school starting 2023. No idea where the Exchange students will go.

Again, another miss opportunity of incorporating a school into mixed development above it and allow it to be use 7 x 24 x 365..

Grass should start to be lay in June for the sport field area.

Portables allows overload as require than have a school sit unused when enrollment falls if built to include portables space.

The portables are on the west side of the school and north of the street if required. If the current school is been close, the new school will be need portable 2023-25 or so. With 4 towers under construction on the southside of Burnhamthrope, it will start to put pressure on the new school starting 2023. No idea where the Exchange students will go.

Again, another miss opportunity of incorporating a school into mixed development above it and allow it to be use 7 x 24 x 365..

Grass should start to be lay in June for the sport field area.

Portables allows overload as require than have a school sit unused when enrollment falls if built to include portables space.
Crazy suggestion but if they’re going to encourage 70+ floor buildings in MCC proper then perhaps one of these condos should host a school in its podium.

Crazy suggestion but if they’re going to encourage 70+ floor buildings in MCC proper then perhaps one of these condos should host a school in its podium.
Not a crazy idea, but an idea long overdue everywhere.

Exchange is far to long to add a school.

You can add one to phase 2 for Sq One Phase 1 expansion, the corner of Confederation/Burnhamthrope plan for 2025 or Burnhamthrope/Kariya.

The plan I came up years ago saw an K-12 school for 4,000 where the current bus terminal is to service the full redevelopment of Sq One Mall/Lands

June 12
Still grading the sport field as well where the temporary sidewalk for the future Kariya Dr

Everything pertaining to the school outside is done and not much to be done inside it anything at all.
52145466145_37a9c672e3_b.jpg

52143957272_e3c39445a9_b.jpg

You can see where future 12 portables are to go
52144979391_d27e381b02_b.jpg

52145466510_d022163337_b.jpg

Portables are now being installed.

I still don't understand why not just make the school itself bigger if you know very well that you're going to need extra space within a year.

Portables are now being installed.

I still don't understand why not just make the school itself bigger if you know very well that you're going to need extra space within a year.
Absolute insanity. They were planned for from the very beginning. And the original idea was to tear down Fairview. Good luck with that.

There are schools in Brampton over 150%+ utilization. You don't understand school cycle planning. Most schools these days are built to require anywhere from 6-8 portables in their prime, because they only ever need this "maximum" for a few years of their lifespan, communities age and grow up. The annual PDSB Planning Document comes out usually in October, so it will be interesting to see the utilization here, but if you are shocked at this, go take a drive up to some of the Peel schools in the rapid development areas and you'll count 15 portables at some elementary schools. But, the board did already approve an expansion for this school to be open by 2026.

There are schools in Brampton over 150%+ utilization. You don't understand school cycle planning. Most schools these days are built to require anywhere from 6-8 portables in their prime, because they only ever need this "maximum" for a few years of their lifespan, communities age and grow up. The annual PDSB Planning Document comes out usually in October, so it will be interesting to see the utilization here, but if you are shocked at this, go take a drive up to some of the Peel schools in the rapid development areas and you'll count 15 portables at some elementary schools. But, the board did already approve an expansion for this school to be open by 2026.
The problem is we are building half a dozen 70 floor buildings and this was the only new school to accommodate them. I’m sure Brampton has its issues but this one school was never going to be sufficient.

Back