Ellie Condos (G Group) - Real Estate -

Thx @ Marcela. I will email Jenny. Also i wil be email their lawyer, too. But according my last letter for the " Deposit Evidence of Compliane ", their lawyer Michael C. Volpatti , It is same law firm.
Any i will post u update.
I will pm u , my contact info.
Good luck.

I've tried Jenny Fulton and it'd be nice if she'd return my phone calls.

Called Tarion too and I don't know what's worse, talking to someone useless or talking to an answering machine.

This is very frustrating. I went to "Centrust Group" office (address: 1125 Finch Avenue West) and there is no office; they have supposedly left the location months ago and nobody can get a hold of them. For me, the builder's lawyer is different than yours, it is Meerai Cho . @finch, what do you think their expired Tarion license mean for us?

@ezyt , I just get picture of letter for Centrust Group from my friend of friend since last yr. The address is 1125 Finch Avevus West. I almost want to go there. For their expired Tarion license mean eventhough they start construction now, we don't cover by tarion warrenty. Also i just wanna about the deposit protection for Traion.
I will keep post any update.
or email me.

Thank you.

Here below that i get email from Tarion.

"Hi Geoffrey:

My understanding is that the original builder of this condo project is no longer building and is returning all deposits paid by Purchasers.
I would advise you or your lawyer to contact the builder or his lawyer at the address / phone number provided in your Agreement of Purchase and Sale.
I believe they are preparing Mutual Releases for Purchasers to sign.

Sincerely,
Marianne MacLeod
Warranty Service Analyst"

"Dear Anthony

I have received your email as well as other email from GCNA and Tarion that I confirm we are going to return
the deposit from all purchasers for Centrium project regardless legal proceeding with Romspen who has been sold
our project land inproperly. So, we shall prepare following documentation for returning deposit to purchasers

1. Notice letter of Change ownership for project land and returning deposit to all purchaser which all notice letter shall be sent out to all purchaser before Jan 10, 2014 as well as contacting with telephone call to arrange signing mutual release form at our office in order to return deposit.
2. To prepare of Mutual release form with Purchaser which you firm do not create for us.
3. Upon signing all mutual release form with each purchaser, we shall be notified to you and released deposit held by you.

In addition, I had contacted with you in several time but not answered as well as I did not get any phone call from you since I have provided my cell number in oversea. If you would like to discuss in further if you think in necessary, please let me know what time good for talking and I will arrange to call you. Anyhow, sorry for incovenience to communicate becusae of my often business travel in oversea."

I just cut and paste my email detail. It contain 2 part.
If anybody want the email, i can forward to you.

Thx.

Last edited:
Has anyone got the "Notice letter of Change ownership for project land and returning deposit"?

Does anyone know if what the builder did is allowed?

From my understanding, the project was pretty much sold out or sold to the point that they could start construction. What took 4-5 years for them to realize that they couldn't proceed with the project? If they couldn't secure financing, that's one thing but as I said, it appears the units were selling well.

Anyone think we deserve some sort of compensation?

The problem is the Hotel beside the condo .They can not find enough investors .... As far as i heard somebody told me.

I just received email from the developer's lawyer

I am working on a protocol to return the funds to purchasers but do not yet have the go-ahead from the developer to return the funds. I have been following up with the developer routinely for instructions. Please feel free to contact Tarion to express your concern.

Anthony Romanelli
B.A., LL.B.

Logo color

P (905) 760-2600 ext 381
F (905) 760-2900
C (416) 300-0292
aromanelli@bratty.com

7501 Keele Street, Suite 200
Vaughan, Ontario L4K 1Y2
www.bratty.com

After i forwoard the email from pervious post to Tarion, I just received email from the Tarion:

Hi Geoffrey:

I think perhaps you should submit a claim for Deposit Refund through Tarion.
Hopefully it will prompt your builder to refund your deposit a.s.a.p. and if not, Tarion will get involved.
We need a copy of the 1st page of your Agreement of Purchase and Sale, along with the page where you and the builder signed.
We also need a copy of your Statement of Critical Dates and Addendum, and copies of your deposit cheques – front and back.
Also, please provide copies of any correspondence between you and the builder regarding refund of deposit.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Marianne

MARIANNE MACLEOD
WARRANTY SERVICES ANALYST TARION WARRANTY CORPORATION
5160 Yonge Street, 12th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M2N 6L9
www.tarion.com
FIND US ON:

Phone: (416) 229-3844 Ext. 3132
Toll Free: 1.877.982.7466
marianne.macleod@tarion.com

After i forwoard the email from pervious post to Tarion, I just received email from the Tarion:

Hi Geoffrey:

I think perhaps you should submit a claim for Deposit Refund through Tarion.
Hopefully it will prompt your builder to refund your deposit a.s.a.p. and if not, Tarion will get involved.
We need a copy of the 1st page of your Agreement of Purchase and Sale, along with the page where you and the builder signed.
We also need a copy of your Statement of Critical Dates and Addendum, and copies of your deposit cheques – front and back.
Also, please provide copies of any correspondence between you and the builder regarding refund of deposit.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Marianne

MARIANNE MACLEOD
WARRANTY SERVICES ANALYST TARION WARRANTY CORPORATION
5160 Yonge Street, 12th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M2N 6L9
www.tarion.com
FIND US ON:

Phone: (416) 229-3844 Ext. 3132
Toll Free: 1.877.982.7466
marianne.macleod@tarion.com

Very frustrating situation.

Funds have been sitting there for over 4 years and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Builder doesn't seem even exist any more...Please let us know if you were able to successfully get Tarion involved. Thanks in advance!

@luxome.
I had been communticate with Tarion last couple days, we did exchange some of documents. I will put together all the info during the weekend. I will file the compliant at the beginning of next week. Once i have any news, i will post update.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this thread. Well I found out this thread cuz I was trying to find out what was going on with this Centrium Condo. I did not know the construction has been cancelled. I also did not receive any notices from the builder, which really concerns me a lot. I did called Anthony 2 days ago but he said I should just wait for their letter. The problem is I moved out from my old address since 2012. Although I did notify the sales person in sales centre after I move, I am really not sure if they updated my new address. Now I tried to called Jenny Fulton and she just never reply me. I dont know if they sent out the letter to my old address or they have not sent out at all.

Does anyone here not received any notification from the vendor? Who should I contact to make sure that they have my updated address?

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this thread. Well I found out this thread cuz I was trying to find out what was going on with this Centrium Condo. I did not know the construction has been cancelled. I also did not receive any notices from the builder, which really concerns me a lot. I did called Anthony 2 days ago but he said I should just wait for their letter. The problem is I moved out from my old address since 2012. Although I did notify the sales person in sales centre after I move, I am really not sure if they updated my new address. Now I tried to called Jenny Fulton and she just never reply me. I dont know if they sent out the letter to my old address or they have not sent out at all.

Does anyone here not received any notification from the vendor? Who should I contact to make sure that they have my updated address?

I would call the Law firm representing the builder (wherever deposits are held)....i haven't received any updates/mail at all....Just want my $ back so i can move on to other investment properties...

Let's continue to keep each other updated!

@finch, any updates?

Back