Toronto Eglinton Line 5 Crosstown West Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

My interpretation of the original post was that the TDSB would allow intensification of part of their land - separate from the school - and have a connection to the intensified piece. Not that there be a tunnel to the school?

My interpretation of the original post was that the TDSB would allow intensification of part of their land - separate from the school - and have a connection to the intensified piece. Not that there be a tunnel to the school?
I saw just figured that they meant one right into the school. I don't think there would be any isuse if the entrnce was completly seprate from the shool

2B410822-FD3A-42F3-A6BB-56B854E788DA.jpeg

^I don't usually take renders too literally, but that's the sort of detail that one just doesn't omit....

- Paul

That was my point....not that the school would be connected, but they could sell development rights on their property that could be connected, giving the TDSB some much needed cash.

^I don't usually take renders too literally, but that's the sort of detail that one just doesn't omit....

- Paul

I mean if you look closely the line just ends abruptly into the park too. I think it was just to show the tunnel portal mock up. Something tells me we won't have an Idiocracy situation with trains running off the end of an elevated line and crashing into the park.

Metrolinx is deadly afraid of even showing conceptual renderings before a contract is signed. Why would citizens/taxpayers want, need, or deserve to see them?
It's very strange given Metrolinx seems to have come up with a station design language that they want used for new stations. Shouldn't be hard to at least come up with preliminary renders. Hell, Ottawa manages to do it with their new stations, and then the renders get updated as the design evolves. I don't get what somehow makes that impossible in Toronto.

Maybe since it’s above ground metrolinx could easily incorporate a parking garage into it.
East of Scarlett Road, it is a floodplain. West of Scarlett Road it is narrow, bordering with the condos to the north and south. Don't think the neighbours would go with turning whatever parkland in the area over to a garage.

1622820111180.png

From link.

Last edited:
East of Scarlett Road, it is a floodplain. West of Scarlett Road it is narrow, bordering with the condos to the north and south. Don't think the neighbours would go with turning whatever parkland in the area over to a garage.

View attachment 325063
From link.
So what you’re saying is we’re building this transit to serve the ducks, raccoons and rabbits in the area. Perfect.

Back