Toronto Eglinton Line 5 Crosstown West Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

If nothing happens, at least a TTC shuttle bus from Renforth won't take long.

(I've always been Team "the GTAA should build a bigger airport shuttle train from Woodbine to Renforth" anyway!)

Apparently during yesterday's Toronto Region Board of Trade event, IO CEO Lindsay said that the government is now ready to make the official announcement, but the deals are close enough that companies can buy their TBMs.
Thanks for the news. As much as I dislike the waste of money in TBMing here, I am glad the extension is proceeding: it’s time we built more transit, faster in Toronto.

Separately, I really do want to know what’s happening with the GTAA and the airport extension.

Thanks for the news. As much as I dislike the waste of money in TBMing here, I am glad the extension is proceeding: it’s time we built more transit, faster in Toronto.

Separately, I really do want to know what’s happening with the GTAA and the airport extension.
Yeah, the airport extension is the most interesting part of the Eglinton West extension. Curious to know the fate of the Pearson Transit Hub.

So is there not enough funding to continue from Renforth to Pearson?
Depends upon the federal GTAA funding.
The bigger issue is that it's unclear what the GTAA is actually planning transit wise for the airport. Union Station West is dead afaik.
If nothing happens, at least a TTC shuttle bus from Renforth won't take long.

(I've always been Team "the GTAA should build a bigger airport shuttle train from Woodbine to Renforth" anyway!)
Noooo, more transfers should be avoided, one of the best things about the UP is the direct connection to T1, a people mover doesn't have this benefit.

Noooo, more transfers should be avoided, one of the best things about the UP is the direct connection to T1, a people mover doesn't have this benefit.
also, it has a direct connection to the link train which is one stop to terminal 3 and its hotel and then one more stop to the long-term parking garage and the hotels nearby it as well.

This is so remarkably dumb...

Crosstown West.JPG

The whole area from Summitcrest Drive to Poplar Heights/Eden Valley/Allanhurst should really be redesignated to allow missing middle development. The street layout just needs a couple tweaks to make a sort of urban grid, and houses fronting on wide greenspace corridors should be assembled into Eglinton-facing developments if the corridors aren't being used for anything else...

This is so remarkably dumb...

View attachment 310616

The whole area from Summitcrest Drive to Poplar Heights/Eden Valley/Allanhurst should really be redesignated to allow missing middle development. The street layout just needs a couple tweaks to make a sort of urban grid, and houses fronting on wide greenspace corridors should be assembled into Eglinton-facing developments if the corridors aren't being used for anything else...

I know the purpose of your post is to point out how broken the zoning is around the Eglinton West LRT extension, but it looks just as bad further south around the Bloor-Danforth line.

The bigger question is: why should the yellow belt exist at all? The city needs to eliminate all legal distinctions between single family and multi-family ("missing middle") homes.

In 2020 the Ontario Gov passed their amendment the Places to Grow plan to expand the TOD area definition to up to 800m away from major transit. developers will be able to rezone at the LPAT through the whole route.
Oh joy. That just means places even further away from the actual station will have mid-rise proposals that get shot down by the local community.

This is something the municipalities need to fix, through revising their definitions of low-density and medium-density, and other smaller-scale changes that are appropriate for their growth objectives. Slapping down developer-friendly regulations won't fix the real issue here.

Back