Toronto Eglinton Line 5 Crosstown West Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Peel region would have to provide financial support for this project right? given that it starts in Toronto but ends up finishing at the airport? Any word on if Pearson is going to provide some finances to the picture?

Peel region would have to provide financial support for this project right? given that it starts in Toronto but ends up finishing at the airport? Any word on if Pearson is going to provide some finances to the picture?
Given the fact Toronto doesn't need to pay a single cent, why would Peel region accept any incurring cost?

Given the fact Toronto doesn't need to pay a single cent, why would Peel region accept any incurring cost?

Was that not the agreement with the extension expansion into York region that they provided financial support for it or is a P3/Provincial led project so its purely done by the province/contractor?

I wonder if they will extend miway service to Mt denis in the meantime while the extension is built
I think they’ll just send buses to the new, almost done Kipling regional hub as the endgame. The 32 Eglinton west ttc bus already provides great enough service from Renforth to Mt. Dennis and if anything, we just might see a 932 Eg West Express but even if that would happen, we would’ve also gotten a 936 finch west express to cover a “rapid transit” corridor on finch west for now which I don’t understand why they couldn’t done that

I think they’ll just send buses to the new, almost done Kipling regional hub as the endgame. The 32 Eglinton west ttc bus already provides great enough service from Renforth to Mt. Dennis and if anything, we just might see a 932 Eg West Express but even if that would happen, we would’ve also gotten a 936 finch west express to cover a “rapid transit” corridor on finch west for now which I don’t understand why they couldn’t done that
Both 932 and 936 would be failed routes. For the 932, one will see a savings of only a couple min between Mt Dennis and Renforth. The biggest issue is traffic, no stop spacing which averages 500m and is wider than the typical local routes. A BRT would not attract much riders and thus would be pretty useless. I think the current "subway" plan is best if they want to "lure" people onto the corridor.

The 936 would not run well in construction traffic nor do the local riders want it. It'll just become another 29/929 Dufferin situation where a small portion of the riders end up with better service while the other half suffers with much longer waits.

Since we (the royal "we") are in the designing stage for the Egltinton West LRT extension, we should be designing an indoor/underground bicycle garage (with security) at each of the Eglinton West LRT stations now. Since in Etobicoke, we have crescents, circles, dead ends streets, and mazes for residential streets, that adds a longer distance to travel from home to the (wider spaced) stations, we will need large bicycle garages at each station.

Can't see Doug Ford walking from his home on Tettenhall Road to the Kipling & Eglinton West Station (or whatever name they'll give it). 😄 :eek:
1594496235194.png

1594496264993.png

From link.

Last edited:
Since we (the royal "we") are in the designing stage for the Egltinton West LRT extension, we should be designing an indoor/underground bicycle garage (with security) at each of the Eglinton West LRT stations now. Since in Etobicoke, we have crescents, circles, dead ends streets, and mazes for residential streets, that adds a longer distance to travel from home to the (wider spaced) stations, we will need large bicycle garages at each station.

Can't see Doug Ford walking from his home on Tettenhall Road to the Kipling & Eglinton West Station (or whatever name they'll give it). 😄 :eek:
View attachment 256785
View attachment 256786
From link.

This should be standard on all new stations. Also, it doesn't need to be huge like the Amsterdam ones. It could be things like the protected bike parkades Vancouver is installing in under their elevated stations.

Last edited:
Mt. Dennis Station will have...

"40 outdoor and 80 indoor bicycle parking spaces. The indoor bicycle storage will be located at the main entrance." From link.

The disadvantage for those from Etobicoke is the big hill to get up from Jane Street to Weston Road. The return trip would be better. IF there could build the segregated bicycle lane on the south side by the time Line 5 is opened, that would be of some advantage, except when they start construction of the Eglinton Flats portal on the north side.

"40 outdoor and 80 indoor bicycle parking spaces. The indoor bicycle storage will be located at the main entrance." From link.

The disadvantage for those from Etobicoke is the big hill to get up from Jane Street to Weston Road. The return trip would be better. IF there could build the segregated bicycle lane on the south side by the time Line 5 is opened, that would be of some advantage, except when they start construction of the Eglinton Flats portal on the north side.
I doubt they'll ever build a bike lane there. They'll have to expropriate some houses to even have enough space for a bike lane.

A lot of the issues of Toronto biking (hills) will be solved with ebikes.

I saw a Toronto Star opinion piece from a professor of Ryerson no less (embarrassing, I went there) that bikes will never catch on in Toronto because its not flat enough here. Uh, not only does the data say the opposite, that bikes ARE catching on, but has he never seen an E-Bike before?

A lot of the issues of Toronto biking (hills) will be solved with ebikes.

I saw a Toronto Star opinion piece from a professor of Ryerson no less (embarrassing, I went there) that bikes will never catch on in Toronto because its not flat enough here. Uh, not only does the data say the opposite, that bikes ARE catching on, but has he never seen an E-Bike before?
Biking is very popular in San Francisco, a city not exactly known for its level terrain.

Back