Toronto The East Yorker Condo | ?m | 12s | NCNC | HCA

This development along with the numerous renovations to the apartments is really making Cosburn a nice little street to be on. I'm excited to see what the future brings for this area especially if the DRL is built up Pape.

Personally I'd like to see a significant development focused around intensifying the Pape and Cosburn area along with mid-rise developments running along the length Pape to Danforth.

Also is there a neighbourhood section for East York? I can't seem to find one.

Last edited:
The Greek bakery on Donlands close to O'Connor (a couple of blocks from Cosburn) has really nice Euro-style pastries, great bread and an excellent selection of Feta cheese. The area in general will be changing quite rapidly considering the average selling price for the little bungalows that dominate the area is in the $500,000s now, apparently. I'm sure this means more Starbucks and less original Greek stores unfortunately, but the north-of-Danforth part of East York could use some decent restaurants and shops.

The Greek bakery on Donlands close to O'Connor (a couple of blocks from Cosburn) has really nice Euro-style pastries, great bread and an excellent selection of Feta cheese. The area in general will be changing quite rapidly considering the average selling price for the little bungalows that dominate the area is in the $500,000s now, apparently. I'm sure this means more Starbucks and less original Greek stores unfortunately, but the north-of-Danforth part of East York could use some decent restaurants and shops.

Select bakery is great.

I find even better is Serano Bakery just south of Pape and Mortimer. The have a better selection of pastries, breads, cakes, and a large Greek food market.

I wasn't impressed with the pastries at Serano. The baklava was good, though, for Greek style, and the breads looked yummy. But some of the pastries I found too Americanized, ie. over-sweet and heavy. Not to turn the thread into a retail discussion, but got any suggestions for good shops in the area? Folia Grill comes to mind.

I wasn't impressed with the pastries at Serano. The baklava was good, though, for Greek style, and the breads looked yummy. But some of the pastries I found too Americanized, ie. over-sweet and heavy. Not to turn the thread into a retail discussion, but got any suggestions for good shops in the area? Folia Grill comes to mind.

There's not much in the area that stands out for me.

Greek Grill at Pape and O'connor beats most of the restaurants on the Danforth IMO although their Greek salad isn't anything special but everything else is quite authentic.

At the corner of Pape and Floyd, El Greco is a Greek coffee shop that recently opened. I usually stop and get a coffee and a a bite to eat when I'm on the run.

The area could really use some nicer shops.

16182222747_c529b6040d_b.jpg

16342129646_50789d12f7_b.jpg

16366370251_d1926336f7_b.jpg

Back