Toronto East Harbour | 214.2m | 65s | Cadillac Fairview | Adamson

I don't think I saw this image before...

-1x-1.jpg

I don't think I saw this image before...

-1x-1.jpg

Yeah, that one's been in some city docs, but there are some interesting elements in there (still too much hardscaping and not enough flair for my liking, acknowledging it's mostly a visioning exercise at this point).

Slightly more details about the next public meeting:

Thank you for your interest in the Unilever Precinct Planning Study. First, did you have to miss the January 23 meeting? Share your thoughts on parks + open spaces and the future transit hub online, at our project webpage.

Next, on March 21, please again join City Planning staff as we present the emerging Planning Framework for the Unilever Precinct. First Gulf representatives will also attend, to present additional proposed development details related to the East Harbour applications. The meeting notice for this event may be viewed directly here.

Date: March 21, 2018
Time: 6:15-9:00pm
Presentations by the City and First Gulf will begin at 6:30pm
Place: Queen Alexandra Middle School
181 Broadview Avenue, Gymnasium

A SmartTrack meeting will also occur on March 21, in the Queen Alexandra Middle School Small Gym, with presentations starting at 7:30pm. The Unilever and SmartTrack presentations have been sequenced so that residents may move between rooms and attend both sessions, if they wish. Visit www.smarttrack.to and www.metrolinx.com/newstations for more information.

Wow ! There's so much territory to be developed in this area . Looking forward to seeing this transformation!

I really do hope they drop the Gardiner east of Jarvis. The downtown portion, I understand why there is a debate about keeping it - but the portion east of Jarvis could easily come down and would be a huge improvement.

I can't make up mind in that regards. A sprawling boulevard is more visually appealing however, it doesn't improve on the pedestrian experience. In fact, it may be worse.

I can't make up mind in that regards. A sprawling boulevard is more visually appealing however, it doesn't improve on the pedestrian experience. In fact, it may be worse.
Would specific beautified pedestrian connections at Trinity and Cherry make up for the pedestrian experience with a boulevard?

I don't know if people should really be walking along Lake Shore to begin with. Queens Quay will be superior for that, and emphasis should be with connecting pedestrians across the rail corridor/gardiner to Queens Quay.

I actually think that makes it a better case for Toronto since they are willing to employ that many more in Canada. Also, Vancouver isn't in the running so my personal opinion is that these jobs wouldn't be located in the HQ buildings anyway. (New or Old).

Just my thoughts.
Cheers,
I agree, if anything its good for Toronto's chance to land HQ2

Back