East FiftyFive (Lamb Dev Corp/Hyde Park Homes) - Real Estate -

Long time viewer, first time poster. I purchased a Nagoya and had my PDI today. Question for those who also have a Nagoya layout. The master bedroom door is a sliding door that does not slide over flush with the window wall because the baseboard is sticking out by a few inches ( the sliding door makes contact with the baseboard first, which leaves a large gap between the door and wall for pretty much the length of the entire door). The builder claims it it is installed as per design. But it is very strange to me that the door cannot actually slide over to 'close'.

My question for the other Nagoya owners, have you thought of any clever ways to fill the gap?

I think my plan is to hire a contractor and rip out the sliding door to replace it with a normal door (if that's even possible).

View attachment 296474

Ugh - why wouldn’t they frame it in like a regular door way? We have a different layout but they will probably do the same thing

@m3austin Had the same door in a Lamb unit that I owned. It was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. My girlfriend and I at the time had to invest in headphones. Pay all that money for a condo and the door can't even close. Ridiculous.

Wow, that is a really weird (stupid) design choice! I agree it's more of a design flaw than anything else - why in the world didn't they just frame the window side so it all matches up? Maybe that would've affected the exterior look?

Wow, that is a really weird (stupid) design choice! I agree it's more of a design flaw than anything else - why in the world didn't they just frame the window side so it all matches up? Maybe that would've affected the exterior look?

Too much work and buyers in this market will just have to accept it. Tarion won't help.

Long time viewer, first time poster. I purchased a Nagoya and had my PDI today. Question for those who also have a Nagoya layout. The master bedroom door is a sliding door that does not slide over flush with the window wall because the baseboard is sticking out by a few inches ( the sliding door makes contact with the baseboard first, which leaves a large gap between the door and wall for pretty much the length of the entire door). The builder claims it it is installed as per design. But it is very strange to me that the door cannot actually slide over to 'close'.

My question for the other Nagoya owners, have you thought of any clever ways to fill the gap?

I think my plan is to hire a contractor and rip out the sliding door to replace it with a normal door (if that's even possible).

View attachment 296474
Hey @m3austin, i think there may be variations to how the interior is done for this floor plan. I saw the same floorplan on condos.ca but there's no baseboard along that wall, the window wall goes right to the floor. I wonder if it has anything to do with if you're on a floor where the precast spans the level on the exterior. Still doesn't excuse this obvious design flaw.

Nagayo Door 2.PNG
Nagayo Door.PNG

Hey Guys,
I’m also moving into the building and excited about the neighbourhood. I can’t help but notice in most kitchen pictures there’s a few inches of open space between the top of the cabinet and ceiling . Is that normal with lamb developments? I thought they tend to fill that space with wood/molding to avoid that awkward gap. It’s a nitpick but still I think most people paid to have the cabinets extended to the ceiling.
1612025318517.png

Hey Guys,
I’m also moving into the building and excited about the neighbourhood. I can’t help but notice in most kitchen pictures there’s a few inches of open space between the top of the cabinet and ceiling . Is that normal with lamb developments? I thought they tend to fill that space with wood/molding to avoid that awkward gap. It’s a nitpick but still I think most people paid to have the cabinets extended to the ceiling. View attachment 297104

Good question - I wouldn't have noticed that! Would make sense to me to have it sealed.

Good question - I wouldn't have noticed that! Would make sense to me to have it sealed.
I've noticed some developments have gaps and others don't. My last place at College Park had gaps (like a half inch). Not sure why for the gaps. I agree it looks better when it goes to the top of the ceiling.

Thanks! It does help - when did you start occupancy?
Dec 3rd.

The full occupancy fee is made up of:
- the interest on the remaining balance (this is what you apply the 3% rate against)
- monthly estimated property fee
- monthly estimated common expenses; mine includes the fee against the unit (~$0.70/sqft), parking ($59.95) and storage unit ($16.50).

When's yours occupancy @NikoS?

Dec 3rd.

The full occupancy fee is made up of:
- the interest on the remaining balance (this is what you apply the 3% rate against)
- monthly estimated property fee
- monthly estimated common expenses; mine includes the fee against the unit (~$0.70/sqft), parking ($59.95) and storage unit ($16.50).

When's yours occupancy @NikoS?
Thanks! Our occupancy is Feb 11 - I think we are one of the last

Has anyone that's moved in received a bill or been charged for hydro or the heat pump? We've been here since the beginning of December and nothing yet. Occupancy/key pick-up was contingent on submitting registration forms for Wyze (hydro) and e-Cubed (heat pump), so I'm surprised it's coming up to two months and no communication/bills/charges. Curious if anyone else has.

Back