E Condos (Bazis, Metropia, RioCan) - Real Estate -

Through the window:
IMG_20181205_163914.jpg

IMG_20181205_163922_1.jpg

Just completed PDI on two of my units this week. Some updates for those who are curious.

1. I was told the last occupancy will be Fall 2019.
2. Swimming pool is still under construction
3. Beautiful party room
4. Gym is underwhelming. Small and tight space.
5. Underground tunnel to Eglinton centre and TTC is expected to be open in 2021 (seriously?)
6. Metal screens on balcony are ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Much much worse than I expected. What on the earth was the architect thinking? Not only that it blocks the view, it also makes the room look like a metal cage. Definitely no for the people with trypophobia.
7. happy with the overall layout of the units.
8. Parking lot was nothing more than ordinary. Unbelievable that they want to charge extra $150 for the parking lot maintenance. What for?

Feel free to leave any questions

Which floor is your unit?
Also, How many elevators?
My unit is on 54th and I am expecting possession on fall 2019

Just some random things I was informed:
- swimming pool is on 25th floor and the top 2 floors are used for mechanical rooms
- shorter rental building won't have swimming pool, but there will be gym and lounge area on top floor (sounds better than tiny gym at econdos on lower level)
- rental building will feature a keyless access to the building and the unit, using a fob
- a picture of rental building kitchen
ecentral.jpg

Last edited:
Just some random things I was informed:
- swimming pool is on 25th floor and the top 2 floors are used for mechanical rooms
- shorter rental building won't have swimming pool, but there will be gym and lounge area on top floor (sounds better than tiny gym at econdos on lower level)
- rental building will feature a keyless access to the building and the unit, using a fob
- a picture of rental building kitchen
View attachment 170406
That’s a nice kitchen.Nicer than e8 . Does anyone know if the rental condo has been listed for rent yet? That’s gonna overflow the rental units in this area?

I certainly hope you are right and they are actually working on a real solution . But IMHO, I 100% disagree with "Once all the railing components are installed, the noise will cease."
The article was posted a day ago, and the linked video was posted a week ago. More than 90% of the railing components are already installed. I don't think installing remaining few pieces will "cease" the noise as they said. I have purchased 3 units at E Condos and going through another assignment purchase right now. I certainly and definitely hope the condo turns out nicely at the end.

Hello Steven,

Have you heard the "noise" inside the unit?

Hello Steven,

Have you heard the "noise" inside the unit?
Hello,
No I have not yet moved in; I didn't get a chance to hear the noise myself.
However, the article says the noise is even worse from inside.
One of the staff members said Bazis is working on a solution involving dampeners. Hopefully the problem is all gone by the time I move in in spring :)

While I was visiting eCentral (the rental building), I was informed that the underground parking is shared between two buildings.
And it will be $250/month to rent an underground parking space

When I purchased my first E Condo unit in 2012, I paid $58,000 for a parking space and was told there will be additional $150/month for parking maintenance fee.
$58,000 + $150/month to own a parking space VS. $250/month to rent a parking space... I think the latter would have been a much smarter financial decision.

Are they actually going to charge $150/month for the parking maintenance fee? We'll see.

Hello,
No I have not yet moved in; I didn't get a chance to hear the noise myself.
However, the article says the noise is even worse from inside.
One of the staff members said Bazis is working on a solution involving dampeners. Hopefully the problem is all gone by the time I move in in spring :)

Thanks Steven. My possession date was moved from May to July hopefully by than time a solution can be found.
That corner is very windy !! so I am curious what the solution will look like.

$150/month for the parking maintenance fee seems high. Is that the general rate for new condos? Mine is ~45$ a month in an older downtown building. It's supposed to cover for twice yearly garage washing, and any maintenance that might come up.

Back