News   Mar 28, 2024
 500     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 401     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 743     0 

Dwell City Towns (427 & Rathburn, Menkes, ?s, ?) (was Sell-Off Condos)

Good question Rocky...yes, it used to be Holiday Towers.

Mr. Condo, just this idea of relaunch is making me a little confused, so in response to Rocky comment about price, would the buyers be getting their monies back ?

Is this project not going to be holiday towers anymore ? just keen to know - how does this relaunch impacts the ones who bought off the units during the (for instance) VIP sales event at the time of very first launch.

I just find it strange that the "Holiday" name has grandfathered itself in thus far, considering how it originated from a Holiday Inn at this location (Toronto's first, or one of them?)--that's what street naming'll get ya...

I don't even know if the "marketing" really makes a difference. This re-launch is price point driven. Make it super low and people will buy. The only problem is that if you read between the lines, they are essentially saying that the area/project is only worth this low price. This is scary also because this is a re-launch. Sounds like desperation to me.

No kidding. You're not going to see any condos with sophisticated design anytime soon in Etobicoke I'm afraid. Even the hottest areas (ECC and Humber Bay Shores) have consistently lacklustre designs, though there has been slight improvement here and there. The lack of effort in this part of the city is regrettably evident once again however with Tridel's newest project, West Village, just down the street from Holiday Towers. They really raised the quality of their designs downtown with 300 Front, Reve, and even James Cooper Mansion, but their West Village design is once again a regression to their typically bland suburban schlock. It's like they don't even try, as if to say "None of those saps out in Etobicoke will notice or care if we give them generic crap." I'm also bitter that even though it's more mature and closer to downtown, that Etobicoke has been leap-frogged by Mississauga.

It doesn't help that as a city, Etobicoke's efforts to create its own downtown were quite tame in comparison to Mississauga and North York. But keep in mind that's only one development in Mississauga that's on a higher level of sophistication. It's an anomaly that a high-rise condo that could fit in in downtown Chicago happens to be under construction in Mississauga.

That area is a dump, but clearly perfect for any home buyer who's on a tight budget. What's the name of that other project across the other side that's doing the same thing as HT?

Quite a few in Mississauga would feel right at home in downtown Chicago. Absolute probably wouldn't be my first choice either as Aqua is an anomaly onto itself.

I'd say both Absolute and Citygate/Solstice/Onyx would fit well in Chicago. Even Ultra Ovation. Not so much the Daniels buildings though I don't think. Not Chicago lol.

^Chicago condos would definitely feel at home in Chicago. Probably moreso than Citygate/Solstice/Onyx with their crappy window wall and Absolute which would stand out in any city. Chicago adores faux crap cast-in-place and precast. The currently under construction 10 East Delaware is virtually interchangeable with Chicago condos.

Dandelion yellow hoarding has been erected around the site. There's a whiff of impending demolition in the air...

Hi there, although I'm new to posting, I'm not that new to following what is being written here. First, thanks so much!!! I have been able to obtain more information from these threads than I have from the actual sales team and builders for Holiday towers. I"m a purchaser and not really regretting my purchase, but finding it very difficult to be kept in the loop with everything.. or shall I say a lack of everything that is taking place with this building. I'm curious to see if after all the towers have been erected if each tower will hold a different name or if the entire project will be named as Holiday Towers.. god only knows!! So thanks so much for the info I've gotten so far and definitely look forward to reading more feedback from not only this project, but the other two going up withing a 2km radius!!! Cheers!

Does any one know the status of Holiday Towers /Sell Off Condos?
Is the project offically cancelled? Any thoughts on what went wrong?

I was wondering what's going on as well, since the large ads on the existing building have been removed. Didn't someone say months ago that the project was selling well??

I too am wondering the same thing. Seemed like all was going well, especially with the quick release of Phase 2 after the ViP day of phase 1.

Now all of a sudden the site is closed, and branding gone.

Are there any other future unit owners of this property out there like myself who feel like a sitting duck?

Back