News   Mar 28, 2024
 483     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 395     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 742     0 

Dwell City Towns (427 & Rathburn, Menkes, ?s, ?) (was Sell-Off Condos)

Few days ago I went to the site and I must say this is gonna be a very nice project. The only problem there is the stretch of social housing. Every time I drive by those townhouses ( social housing) I feel like I'm in Jameson&King St. area or Jarvis&Adelaide. :)

Few days ago I went to the site and I must say this is gonna be a very nice project. The only problem there is the stretch of social housing. Every time I drive by those townhouses ( social housing) I feel like I'm in Jameson&King St. area or Jarvis&Adelaide. :)

Those townhouses are not the best things to have around.......i guess thats holiday living...in between townhouses and the highway!

from today's Star....looks like the builder has made some significant sales here...

6. HOLIDAY TOWERS: on Holiday Dr., west of Highway 427, north of Burnhamthorpe Rd. Builder: The Avari Group and Fram Building Group. A 20-storey mostly glass building and a four-storey podium with about 198 units. Prices (parking included): from the $170,000s for 480 sq. ft. to $479,000 for over 1,200 sq. ft. Fees: 47 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro. Sales: 63 per cent sold. Status: construction to start summer 2009. Occupancy: April 2011. Sales centre: by appointment, 416-701-9393; holidaytowers.ca.

Marklander here lol

I am suddenly feeling nostalgic and wondering if there are any other Marklanders - former like me, or presently living there - on the forum?

I live in Markland. I actually live in one of those apartment buildings at the Bloor/Markland intersection (west one lol:D), that face Mississauga. I was shocked when this old lady that lived here since forever told me that the building had a gym, a suna:eek: and an outdoor pool (well i knew about the pool, all four buildings actually had a pool), its really sad that it all closed. :(

Last edited:
Those apartments were considered fairly swank at one point, and they're certainly a world apart from what's across the creek from them. (I still remember the building of the Bloor Street Bridge into Mississauga from when I was a kid...) At least one of the Leafs used to live in the Mikado, Ron Ellis if I remember correctly.

Welcome jks. I am familiar with one of those buildings (may not be the one you are in), as a friend lives there. As Interchange suggests, they always struck me as being a cut above the ones on the Mississauga side (one of which, just west of the creek, I lived in years ago). They seem to have maintained their appeal, at least from the outside.

On another point completely, I continue to find it strange that Fram hasn't opened a sales office with regular hours to market this project. "Appointment only" is a strange way to market this thing.

Last edited:
Yeah, I always wondered about that, how the Toronto side of the creek was filled with upper-middle class houses, and then you cross the creek and you have slummy-looking 10+ floor apartment buildings all the way to Dixie.

On the topic of the Mill/Burnhampthorpe (that's a mouthful), all the buildings except this one:

BUILD35001.jpg

are actually condominiums.

back on topic, Holiday towers' design looks booooring, but it may spark higher-density construction along Highway 427. Personally, i doubt this will happen, because let's face it, residential doesn't really go well with 15-lane highway. Oh, and their commercials are sooooo annoying!!

given Fram hasn't gone 'full public' yet on the first phase of Holiday Towers ... makes me wonder if this project will get off the ground due to current market conditions ... not intended to start any rumours, but this is a 4 tower (inter-connected) project afterall, even if one tower sells well it still doesn't make sense to leave the other 3 unbuilt ........

raises the question of 'financial feasiblity' for this project ?

I personally love the apartment buildings along the 427 in Etobicoke... they are very much of their era, very modernist, and I think it's a fuckin' shame that PoMo stuff like the "Holiday Towers" are going to be built here. I wish modernist designs would go in here.

Either way, I do have quite an appreciation for architecture of all eras, and the suburban apartment buildings throughout the city are very much of their era and have an allure all their own.

Those suburban tower-in-the-park apartment buildings are often generic and uninspiring, but occasionally one comes across some gems like Forest Hills, the Masters, Tower Hill, the Leaside Towers or the work of Uno Prii. There are also buildings with slight variations for interest, be it an unusual balcony pattern or a rounded shape.

I did see an AD in the recent edition of Condo Guide for this project ... hopefully I'll find time to swing in and see the presentation centre soon

Looking at the ad right now, shows they are offering a limited time offer of owning with only 10% downpayment or 0% mortgage interest.

Back