News   Mar 28, 2024
 121     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 182     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 251     0 

Dundas West/ Bloor Mobility Hub +interconnected hub network (Metrolinx)

1144294A-2E7B-4DAA-8A18-C03127BA2EB7.png

I moved into the neighborhood where the tunnel would go in 2018. Every year I’ve been here Metrolinx has teased that things will begin the following year.

I moved into the neighborhood where the tunnel would go in 2018. Every year I’ve been here Metrolinx has teased that things will begin the following year.
I think they've been pushing out something similar annually since 2012 or so; perhaps earlier.

Like for your contribution, but throwing stuff at the screen for the idea that they still haven't wrapped design and that this is being pushed out at least one more year.
It was in response to a question just above, that nobody could answer.

The Main-Danforth connector will be the winner. Mark my words! LOL.
Im pretty sure that one is officially off the table and wont ever be happening. I remember Metrolinx saying something to the extent of "it's infeasible due to some kind of infrastructure constraint". Which is probably fodder and BS, because you can likely get around that with enough engineering but it would cost $$$.

Everyone needs to stop complaining because the existing connection to the UPX is great! You just need to exit Dundas West TTC station, cross at the lights, turn left, turn right, then up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right, walk through Freshco, ask the staff in the back if you can wheel your suitcase through the warehouse, hop off the loading dock, cut a section out of the chain-link fence, over the tracks and hoist yourself up onto the platform. Easy-peasy.

Everyone needs to stop complaining because the existing connection to the UPX is great! You just need to exit Dundas West TTC station, cross at the lights, turn left, turn right, then up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right, walk through Freshco, ask the staff in the back if you can wheel your suitcase through the warehouse, hop off the loading dock, cut a section out of the chain-link fence, over the tracks and hoist yourself up onto the platform. Easy-peasy.
Rube Goldberg, is that you?

Back