News   Sep 16, 2024
 624     0 
News   Sep 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Sep 16, 2024
 641     0 

Dundas Street West Streetscape Study/Implementation Plan (pA/rA/ERA)

The current renderings look rather dull - basically what's there now with repaved sidewalks and some planters.

I'm sure it's fairly preliminary though.

Tell me they'll bury those overhead wires and upgrade the street lighting and poles. (Sadly, bureaucrats typically don't see the value in that.) Surely the sophistication of the AGO calls for an elegant streetscape, not the typical visual cacophony above the street.

I wonder why they didn't extend it to Bay St. It has always surprised me that Dundas between Bay & University hasn't been developed considering it's proximity to the core. Now it may become a kind of no man's land between the Eaton Centre and this proposal.

Tell me they'll bury those overhead wires and upgrade the street lighting and poles. (Sadly, bureaucrats typically don't see the value in that.) Surely the sophistication of the AGO calls for an elegant streetscape, not the typical visual cacophony above the street.

The hydro wires and wooden poles have to go, but I've always liked the web of streetcar wires.

What's the point of the study and community consultation? Option 3 is really the only option for beautifying the street. Option 1 essentially replaces what is there now. Option 2 offers a little more but will still be overshadowed by the above grade hydro.

What's the point of the study and community consultation? Option 3 is really the only option for beautifying the street. Option 1 essentially replaces what is there now. Option 2 offers a little more but will still be overshadowed by the above grade hydro.

Did you look at the Presentation for the most recent public meeting (See: http://www.toronto.ca/involved/projects/dundasw/pdf/2010-06-16_presentation.pdf) where they state the probable preferred options as : R2+L3+T2+F2 = EMERGING OPTION (R=Right of Way, L=Lighting, T=Trees, and F=Furniture? Having been involved in other public consultations I must say that their approach here seems quite good and offers a 'buffet' of choices which seems to show that 'they' have not already made up their minds!

The hydro wires and wooden poles have to go, but I've always liked the web of streetcar wires.

I wouldn't mind if the streetcar wires stayed. It's all the wires along the side of our streets, held up with frames, and the wooden poles which look bad. The streetcar wires are at least thin and usually run as single wires. They don't interfere with the growth of trees and they don't obscure the facades of buildings along the street as much.

The fact that the City is even acknowledging that the wires are a problem--and that something can conceivably be done about them--is an enormous step. On Roncesvalles they ruled out doing anything with Hydro from the get-go, which may end up seriously compromising an otherwise exceptional plan.

Back