News   Apr 16, 2024
 724     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 489     3 

Dundas and Jane railway lands

Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
I didn't know where else to post this, but in recent weeks a large sliver of land south of the railway tracks at the north-west corner of Dundas and Jane appears to have been cleared. A large shed that had been there for decades has been demolished, and there are several dumpsters present. Anyone have any idea what they're doing? Maybe @drum118 ? Seeing how it's a large chunk of property that's likely surplus, it wouldn't surprise me if whoever owns the tracks in the area is selling it off to a developer...

I didn't know where else to post this, but in recent weeks a large sliver of land south of the railway tracks at the north-west corner of Dundas and Jane appears to have been cleared. A large shed that had been there for decades has been demolished, and there are several dumpsters present. Anyone have any idea what they're doing? Maybe @drum118 ? Seeing how it's a large chunk of property that's likely surplus, it wouldn't surprise me if whoever owns the tracks in the area is selling it off to a developer...
No idea what taking place there. That is CP Land or was. If it where I think it was, was a transfer truck building as well where Triple Crown Trailer Trains were made up before CP lost the contract.

There has been a review and vision plan for the area. One hope provision has been made for street widening and room for 512 ROW.

No idea what taking place there. That is CP Land or was. If it where I think it was, was a transfer truck building as well where Triple Crown Trailer Trains were made up before CP lost the contract.

There has been a review and vision plan for the area. One hope provision has been made for street widening and room for 512 ROW.

How much yard capacity can/will CP shed in the GTA? Obviously they have the massive facility in Agincourt.......... but they've offloaded Obico; this facility, CP Lambton has been in/out of use for a decade or more, along
with the small yard in Leaside.

How much yard capacity can/will CP shed in the GTA? Obviously they have the massive facility in Agincourt.......... but they've offloaded Obico; this facility, CP Lambton has been in/out of use for a decade or more, along
with the small yard in Leaside.
If CP builds a new yard to the east of Toronto as talked about, wouldn't be surprise if most yards are sold off with the exception of a small yard at Agincourt and Vaughan.

The Lambton yard is mostly long track with switches at both ends. The north-east yard area which was large has been sold off that has a development plan for it now. Can't speak much to the west end as it been too long since I last looked at it, but some tracks had been removed then that were stub ends. Not up in that area much these days.

Not surprise when Obico close with the building of the Vaughan complex. Knew someone who work there and said the days for the yard were number.

The only other thing I know that is plan for the land is the rebuilding of the Scarlett Rd bridge that is to happen years late.

Back