News   Apr 26, 2024
 263     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 780     0 

Dumpster Diving In City Trash Bins

Cast2

Member Bio
Reaction score
Any ways, I know everyone in this forum knows it is illegal to take recyclables or any still usable stuff from the city. How this law is being enforced? The police ain't doing nothing about it. Now this not about belittling the poor or anyone. I'm just curious how Toronto which is a big city can able enforce a law against dumpster diving.

Any ways, I know everyone in this forum knows it is illegal to take recyclables or any still usable stuff from the city. How this law is being enforced? The police ain't doing nothing about it. Now this not about belittling the poor or anyone. I'm just curious how Toronto which is a big city can able enforce a law against dumpster diving.
It is not being enforced and the police would probably not be the ones enforcing it anyway. (Too busy catching illegal cars on King and red-light speeders!). I would assume that this would be a by-law offence and thus something enforced by ML&S staff. However, why do you care?

"Ain't doing nothing" means they are doing something. Regardless, clearly not a police matter. As mentioned, if anything it would be the purview of licencing and standards. If the poor are diving to obtain something they can personally use, I'm hard pressed to be concerned. In terms of recycleables such as glass, plastics and cans, is there a retail, over-the-counter cash market available to them?

Man, I don't see why we should begrudge the poor folk their meager rubbish bin treasures. That's just crusty beyond salvation.

In my neighbourhood "the poor folk" dump the bin out on the sidewalk to find returnables. Often they leave it that way.

In my neighbourhood "the poor folk" dump the bin out on the sidewalk to find returnables. Often they leave it that way.

Yeah, and that means that anyone who digs in bins should be prevented from doing so because of a few swine?

This whole thread must be a joke.

People who live on streets where recyclables are taken from their blue bins either leave them next to the bin in a box or on the very top of the bin for easy picking

Back