DuEast Condominiums (The Daniels Corp) - Real Estate -

Has anyone moved into the West tower? Any impressions of the interior? We received a revised move-in day of April 15 for the 19th floor.
When were you told April 15th? (I'm so nervous about a last minute delay on my move-in date!!!)

Last edited:
Has anyone moved into the West tower? Any impressions of the interior? We received a revised move-in day of April 15 for the 19th floor.
I walked through the neigbourhood a few days ago. The ground floor units in the East tower are occupied but the ground floor units in the West tower are empty. I looked through the windows of the West ground floor units; they look pretty good (fully completed) but it's hard to tell quality from far away. I was pleased to see that the underground parking seems completed and in-use.

When were you told April 15th? (I'm so nervous about a last minute delay on my move-in date!!!)
We received a notice of firm occupancy date on Dec. 18. Hopefully there won't be any further changes--we'll have to find a place to live in for a couple of weeks given this latest delay so can understand your concern.

We received a notice of firm occupancy date on Dec. 18. Hopefully there won't be any further changes--we'll have to find a place to live in for a couple of weeks given this latest delay so can understand your concern.
I just got paperwork for interim occupancy. The move-in date I was given in late October has stayed the same. No new delays! (Phew!)

I moved in Jan 16th to the West tower. Anybody have any idea what kind of retail will open on the ground along Dundas?
The only commercial building permit/zoning I have seen is about parking. Looks like "Precise Parklink Inc" will be managing most of the parking in the neighbourhood.

I'm hoping for another grocery store (mostly because I'm lazy and I don't want to walk far with groceries).

I moved in Jan 16th to the West tower. Anybody have any idea what kind of retail will open on the ground along Dundas?

Which floor (roughly) are you on? Are you able to post photos (amenities, view, anything really!)?

Did the move-in process go smoothly? Or are there hurdles others should plan for?

Just completed occupancy last week and we're going to begin moving furniture in this weekend. We're on the 4th floor. Interior looks good in our hallway and our unit looks great, elevators are all still boarded up.

The only commercial building permit/zoning I have seen is about parking. Looks like "Precise Parklink Inc" will be managing most of the parking in the neighbourhood.

I'm hoping for another grocery store (mostly because I'm lazy and I don't want to walk far with groceries).
There's a Rabba at Dundas and River so I'm doubtful we'll get one in Dueast but fingers crossed!

Which floor (roughly) are you on? Are you able to post photos (amenities, view, anything really!)?

Did the move-in process go smoothly? Or are there hurdles others should plan for?
On the 6th Floor.
The unit is okay, my door latch doesn't align. Sent the TARION 30oday form. Awaiting response.
There are no amenities.
Move in was smooth, just book the elevator with ICC.

EDIT: I did not submit my form yet. Waiting until the very end to the submission deadline in case something else comes up.

Last edited:
On the 6th Floor.
The unit is okay, my door latch doesn't align. Sent the TARION 30oday form. Awaiting response.
There are no amenities.
Move in was smooth, just book the elevator with ICC.

Was your door latch flagged during the virtual PDI? (I want to understand if this is a long delay in fixing the issue.)

Did you also let your Daniel's warranty person know about the latch issue? AFAIK, the Tarion 30 day form will auto-submit for you when the time is up. There's no need for you to manually submit (early).

Question regarding PDI and final closing (moving in).... roughly what's the time between the PDI and final closing? And are all PDI's still virtual?

Question regarding PDI and final closing (moving in).... roughly what's the time between the PDI and final closing? And are all PDI's still virtual?
My PDI was exactly two weeks before the sign-off appointment, even the time of day is the same. (Sign-off appointment is the earliest you would get keys, assuming everything else is in order.)

Yes, completely virtual. I was worried about not being able to see clearly enough to catch all the issues, but Anthony is great. He really wants everything to be perfect. He found more (minor) things after our call ended.
Heads up: there is a bunch of paperwork to read, fill out, and sign after the PDI. I spent a good hour going through everything.

Back