News   May 17, 2024
 4.4K     5 

Dubai City Tower - Dubai, U.A.E

khris

Member Bio
Reaction score
1.5 mile high building

dubai-city-tower-pic.jpg

Forget the 3,280 feet-high 200-floor Nakheel Tower because it's no longer going to be the highest skyscraper in the world. The new upcoming beast is this amazing 1.55-mile-high skyscraper planned for the Jumeirah City project in Dubai. The building is so tall that its main elevator is in fact a vertical 125mph bullet train. This city-in-a-skyscraper will consume 37,000MWH/year, with a 15MW peak usage, but as the plans show, it has been designed to generate most of it using wind, thermal, and solar power:

dubai-city-tower-show.jpg

4567t6ukyiulkj_l.jpg

If completed, the Dubai City Tower, would definitely be absolutely breathtaking. I wonder how many slaves would have to die to complete this one.

Source

If completed, the Dubai City Tower, would definitely be absolutely breathtaking. I wonder how many slaves would have to die to complete this one.

My thoughts exactly. The human cost of this project would be devastating under current building conditions in Dubai.

That said, the skyscraper fan in me thinks it's amazingly cool in theory and I'd love to see photos of it go up... it just seems so... completely unnecessary. Perhaps this is the solution to sustainable living in the desert.

Back