News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.4K     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 610     0 

Doors Open: Oshawa

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many people here are either interested or will be in the far east end but this week-end, Doors Open Oshawa is going down.

I don't know much more than that, was only there in central Oshawa today for a bit, registering for night school and saw signage.

Some of the old churches seem to be taking part. As well as the Robert McLaughling Gallery. City Hall as well, I believe.

That's all I got.

If any of the Ritson plant had escaped demolition on behalf of reuse, it would have been a Doors Open natural...

I'm not doing anything this week-end, for once. I might go check out some of those churches. I like churches.

Maybe I'll even go to mass on Sunday....or, maybe not.

I'm not doing anything this week-end, for once. I might go check out some of those churches. I like churches.

Maybe I'll even go to mass on Sunday....or, maybe not.

While not Oshawa related, I was able to go to St Paul's Basilica here in Toronto on Thursday as part of a conference I attended that focused on preserving religious sites. If you haven't been to St Paul's, you need to go. They've completely restored it over the last 8 years and it's simply amazing. Foranyone that likes churches and church architecture/art, it's better than St Mike's and St James', at least in terms of the art.

I'm not sure. The Monsignor said that they get tour buses that come by to see it, so I assume you can. As part of the conference we got to hear from him and the man doing the restoration and they seemed very excited about the work being done there, so I'm sure if you went and said you wanted to see the work they had done you wouldn't be tossed out.

Back