News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 576     0 

Donmills to Consumer *Transit City

Rocky

Member Bio
Reaction score
Folks, May be this information is already there but i am unable to find it, though wanted to know if a final decision has been made about how would TTC proceed with figuring out a solution to connect Donmills and Consumer ? I understand there were a couple of suggestions such as underground or above ground connections but it was all being reviewed. Would any one know if a final decision is made yet on this ?

thx

There is another EA looking at this.

Under the current one, TTC was still looking at running LRT on this section without riders as a way of getting cars to the Don Mills line. This was before Metrolinx wanted the Finch Line connect to the Don Mills-Sheppard line.

One proposal would see the Sheppard line swing south under ground and then north to connect with the Don Mills/Finch line and bypassing the existing station.

A new north-south station at Sheppard would feed the existing subway and bus station with no extension to the east as proposed at May TTC meeting.

Having Finch line run on Sheppard by Don Mills is having a major impact how the existing station can meet this requirement.

The other question that has not been address, how do residents/workers going to get to the Don Mills once the new condo's are built that are under construction now as well new office buildings on the corner of Consumers and Sheppard.? More than 500m to an LRT stop in a straight line. Need to add a number of buses on Consumers Rd added to met the needs then compare to what there today.

The other question that has not been address, how do residents/workers going to get to the Don Mills once the new condo's are built that are under construction now as well new office buildings on the corner of Consumers and Sheppard.? More than 500m to an LRT stop in a straight line. Need to add a number of buses on Consumers Rd added to met the needs then compare to what there today.

Drum - You are correct !There is no room to broaden the existing lanes and they are really packed as it is .. I guess adding any more transit traffic will actually make area start to look uglier with traffic density and increased. I hope this makes it worthy and not a traffic gridlock for the narrow patch that connects consumer Rd and Donmills subway station. I am assuming someone would be thinking about this as well ... however am wondering if this will impact the border lines for any of the two new condos espectially the edge of Ultra. May be eradicate some green out of the models and get more way for traffic, IMO that will be horrible.

I thought the original Sheppard East EA included this chosen solution (which was documented at the last meeting of the TTC) as an option; so I don't think an additional EA, or even an amendment is necessary.

There is the Finch-East LRT EA underway still ... though they've been pretty quiet on how they are dealing with east of Yonge, if at all. Presumably further modifications at Don Mills Station for this would be part of that EA.

I thought the original Sheppard East EA included this chosen solution (which was documented at the last meeting of the TTC) as an option; so I don't think an additional EA, or even an amendment is necessary.

There is the Finch-East LRT EA underway still ... though they've been pretty quiet on how they are dealing with east of Yonge, if at all. Presumably further modifications at Don Mills Station for this would be part of that EA.

You are correct for the original plan before Metrolinx plan. That what was approved, but is subject to the Finch-Don Mill-Sheppard connect where the EA is still outstanding at this time.

Until that EA is done, how Sheppard connects to Don Mills is still unknown regardless what was approved.

Back