News   Apr 17, 2024
 323     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Dog poo EVERYWHERE

Junction

Member Bio
Reaction score
Now that all the snow's gone, I see dog feces pretty much everywhere, in parks, on the side walks, on my front yard, kids' playgrounds, Downtown, Junction, Bloor West Village..etc.. huge pet peeve

disgusting

I agree, this is disgusting.

It shows the level of respect some people have for our city.

Another thing I find disturbing is dog owners who think it is appropriate to let their dog urinate somewhere on concrete, like a pillar, that is under an overhang. There are a few examples downtown, and everywhere you see it, you will notice dog piss stains.

WTF people.

People who don't pick up after their pets should have their right to own an animal taken away.

I have a dog and would never consider not picking up after her. My nabe is the same, dog crap EVERYWHERE. It's shocking how many people don't pick up after their dogs in the winter. It's not exactly a back breaking chore. I must note that the number of garbage receptacles in my area has been dwindling in the past 3 or 4 years which means I sometimes have to walk 10 minutes until I can dispose of dog poop.
It seems to me people are more apt to litter in the winter too. Other related peeves, gum on the sidewalks & cigarette butts.

How the heck do you enforce that? Do we have a scoop the poop by-law?

Municiple Code:

§ 349-16. Removal of excrement.
Every owner of a dog shall immediately remove excrement left by the dog on property anywhere within the City.

BobBob said:
Is there a dog tax? Because perhaps there should be...

Owners of dogs and cats pay licensing fees.

The dog crap everywhere is disgusting. In particular, Clarence Square is a dogpoo mine field.

If the dog owners are forced to pay a dog tax, they'll stop picking up after their dogs altogether.

By the same logic, after I file my taxes, should I feel justified to go around urinating, defecating and humping people in the street?

It seems to me that the behaviour would not change much, depending again on whether the particular dog owner feels a sense of civic responsibility or not.

I brought up the word "tax" more to indicate that there is a social cost to widespread dog ownership that we all bear, and that's probably not fairly reflected in how things are financed.

I agree, this is disgusting.

It shows the level of respect some people have for our city.

Another thing I find disturbing is dog owners who think it is appropriate to let their dog urinate somewhere on concrete, like a pillar, that is under an overhang. There are a few examples downtown, and everywhere you see it, you will notice dog piss stains.

WTF people.

Regarding picking up dog poo ... agreed!
But it's a lot harder to control where it goes pee.

What's a solution to this problem?

Riverdale Park West.. what a great tobboganning hill - I thought - brought my toddlers down from north Toronto and..

Poop everywhere on the slope. Dogs running loose snapping at the boggans as they went by. Imagine being a toddler being chased by a dog. 'Don't worry, she won't bite, she's a sweetheart'. This was about 20 years ago. I imagine it's cleaner now as we have leash laws.

Back