News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 461     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Does your support for Scarborough Subways depend on where you live

Do you support any of the Scarborough Subways, and do you have any ties to Scarborough?

• I live/work/study in Scarborough, and support both BD and Sheppard extensions to STC

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I live/work/study in Scarborough, and support one of the subway extensions to STC

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I live/work/study in Scarborough, and don't support either of the subway extensions to STC

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I used to live/work/study in Scarborough, and support both BD and Sheppard extensions to STC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I used to live/work/study in Scarborough, and support one of the subway extensions to STC

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I used to live/work/study in Scarborough, and don't support either of the subway extensions to STC

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I never lived/worked/studied in Scarborough, and support both BD and Sheppard extensions to STC

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I never lived/worked/studied in Scarborough, and support one of the subway extensions to STC

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I never lived/worked/studied in Scarborough, and don't support either of subway extensions to STC

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does your support for Scarborough Subways depend on where you live? ...
So far it looks like whether you used to live in Scarborough, live in Scarborough or have never lived there, no support for either subway extensions to STC

The problem with this debate is that the 2 sides are so far apart. LRT with transfer and heavy subway.
I lived in a couple of the outer boroughs and think there is a kinship there with Scarborough that the transfer LRT plan was not adequate - but not necessary the subway plan on the table.

The issue is we are debating the worst possible subway proposal against a poorly integrated and already rejected LRT proposal.

The whole debate is absurd and pitting people into unreasonable decisions. Either build a proper subway with stops (preferably on the RT corridor) or integrate the LRT better. It really wasn't that difficult but Politicians on all sides have screwed this up royally.

If I have to choose between the two, it'll be the subway to give SCC the best chance, local transit Is much easier to solve in the future and we need to just move on. Unfortunate, their are only two choices at this point. Both inadequate.

Why is it so hard to admit that there isn't the support for these subways as much as some would like to believe. Maybe in 50 years people will change their minds

Why is it so hard to admit that there isn't the support for these subways as much as some would like to believe. Maybe in 50 years people will change their minds

On the same token, how reflective is a pool on urbantoronto of the general population?

On the same token, how reflective is a pool on urbantoronto of the general population?
12 people here seem to have a scarborough connection versus 16 who do not. That doesnt sound as anti scarborough as perhaps suggested.

Politicians may lie. But the support doesn't. It has been pretty overwhelming for the subway TBH. Even in an area like Malvern with the 1 - stop in design, the bi election won with the subway front and centre. The problem now is that Tory neutered the subway voted on by the people and the transfer LRT crowd thinks they have a window because of this crappy subway plan. I think as rightfully pissed off as the majority of residents will be this election the "just build" something will carry the day. Residents wanted a better subway IMO and Tory neutered it to salvage his Smarttrack pet as something slightly more the GO RER. Sad. Like I said I just hope they add the stop back at Lawrence and move on.

How many of us will even be alive or lucid enough to care about where the subway routes in 50 years time? How much more difficult will it be to convince constituents in 2067 to spend, for all we know, upwards of $4 billion per kilometre to build subways? We've witnessed what a moratorium on subway/metro expansion has cost Montreal. Do we really want to replicate their same mistake here?

Passing the buck is synonymous with doing nothing!

Back