550     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     0 

Does Faith Goldy et al have a point???

Fresco

Member Bio
Reaction score

Judge for yourself:

I dont agree with many of her policies, but do the not far right-wing or far left-wing citizens of our country not also have a right to speak??

And if not, where do we start drawing the lines??

While we're at it, lets ban the communist party because to me they are a serious threat to my capilistic ideology

^^ LOL

I dunno, if that were a Christian or KKK meeting who were banning women all hell would break loose in the mainstream media (and rightfully so).

But why do muslims get a free pass??

Isn't illegal to discriminate against someone because they are Jewish or a Christian or Hindu?

Disturbing to think a hate-monger like Siraj Wahhaj was there to speak. A man who called for the death of gays. As a gay man, no religion scares me more than Islam. Islam is a homophobic religion. Where there is Sharia Law, gay people are tortured and killed.

Isn't illegal to discriminate against someone because they are Jewish or a Christian or Hindu?

Disturbing to think a hate-monger like Siraj Wahhaj was there to speak. A man who called for the death of gays. As a gay man, no religion scares me more than Islam. Islam is a homophobic religion. Where there is Sharia Law, gay people are tortured and killed.
I have absolutely no love for people running around dressed like Zorro and peering through slits. That being said, it's their right to look like however ridiculous they wish.
Islam is a homophobic religion.
Is there a major religion that isn't? Don't get me started on Rome...

I have absolutely no love for people running around dressed like Zorro and peering through slits. That being said, it's their right to look like however ridiculous they wish.
I guess we have to accept that we have to give the freedom to men to brainwash and enslave their wives and female children.
I dunno, if that were a Christian or KKK meeting who were banning women all hell would break loose in the mainstream media (and rightfully so).
Advertising as "open to all" is the big difference where Goldy has a solid point.
Otherwise, there is no issue to make it a Muslim only event. Just as nobody would object to Christian only, Men only, or White only event.

Is there a major religion that isn't? Don't get me started on Rome...

Every other major religion has evolved. If you're bringing up the Inquisition to defend Islam you're admitting that Islam hasn't evolved to join the rest of us in the modern world. Rome does have large Pride parade these days.

lol...no shortage of persons completely twisting what was said and why. An example:
I guess we have to accept that we have to give the freedom to men to brainwash and enslave their wives and female children.
I'm not going to answer that directly, you keep changing the channel...but what I find despicable is young Moslem girls claiming it's "their right" to be enslaved. And it is...

But make no mistake, take a good look at the checkout counter of your local Shopper's Drug Mart and tell me we're that much more "evolved".

Again, women (and men, the role playing is just as ingrained) have the right to make that choice. Unless it takes away the rights of others not to.

She is pretty terrible in general, and I am saying this as someone who agrees with some of her stances on things like border control. Her reporting at the Canada US border was sadly better investigative work than what most mainstream reporters put into a story. However, that type of thing is not really the mayors job and she has said some pretty terrible things. You either have to believe she is a white supremacist or she is so stupid that she can get tricked into doing things that make her look like one. Neither of those is a quality I would like to see in a mayor.

Ideally I would love for to be invited to some debates only for her to completely lose it when she starts ranting about "communists" or whatever. Unfortunately we don't live in that world, and at the end of the day John Tory or Keesmaat is within their rights to not waste their time debating her. Though I would love for a candidate to actually go up there and not mindlessly peddle the same talking points. Why can we not have a discussion on things like Toronto's sanctuary city policy? It should be an easy win for the progressive candidates if everyone agrees with it.

Oh dear. Socially conservative gay guys strike again!

If you have to side with an open neo-Nazi to state a position on an issue, that's pretty horrific. She only started with the brown people because it's a low hanging fruit - please be assured her camp will eventually come for the gays too.

Last edited:
She only started with the brown people because it's a low hanging fruit
This is a terrible thing to write, but it is very relevant to the point:
She only started with the brown people because it's a low hanging fruit
There's real resonance to lynching there. Goldy isn't a complete idiot. Even she has the where-with-all to realize the implications of what she's not quite saying, but implying.

If she wasn't so physically attractive, even the "useful" part of "useful idiot" wouldn't count. And of course, her 'attractiveness' was part and parcel of being a broadcaster, the shrill trumpet on the shaky platform.

Back