Toronto Designers Walk | 81m | 22s | Cityzen | BBB

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Google street view

Good opportunity for a nice curved building following the alignment of the road. Hopefully will take cues from design motifs of the Creed Building.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3380389

314 DAVENPORT RD
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for the purposes of a new mixed development consisting of a 10 storey building complete with 84 dwelling units, ground floor retail uses, ans two levels of below grade parking containing 48 parking spaces.

Hopefully it's dead. 320/326 Davenport is actually quite lovely and does not need to be replaced.

HPA:

Designers Walk 1.JPG

Designers Walk 2.JPG

Designers Walk 3.JPG

Attachments

• Designers Walk 1.JPG
    Designers Walk 1.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 6,238
  • Designers Walk 2.JPG
    Designers Walk 2.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,350
  • Designers Walk 3.JPG
    Designers Walk 3.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 2,330
ooof. Way out of scale for the neighbourhood.

Though I guess with Mizrahi's buildings at Davenport/Hazelton, this is probably where things are heading. :/

Cherry trees in full bloom are definitely the way to go here. More Cherry trees in front of grey buildings please. Sure, they are a mess, but I will take that over our streets and sidewalks that are littered with black gum spots and cigarette butts everywhere.

ooof. Way out of scale for the neighbourhood.

Though I guess with Mizrahi's buildings at Davenport/Hazelton, this is probably where things are heading. :/

Those low rise buildings are out of scale for what is a perfectly reasonable place to have mid-rise buildings a 10m walk to subway. ;)

Those low rise buildings are out of scale for what is a perfectly reasonable place to have mid-rise buildings a 10m walk to subway. ;)

I can't argue with that, however I do wish that it was the parking lots and gas stations on Dupont getting the bulldozer treatment before these perfectly good brick buildings on Davenport. Those lots are closer to the subway anyway ;)

Cherry trees in full bloom are definitely the way to go here. More Cherry trees in front of grey buildings please. Sure, they are a mess, but I will take that over our streets and sidewalks that are littered with black gum spots and cigarette butts everywhere.
If only cherry trees would bloom for 50 weeks a year instead of 2!

I can't argue with that, however I do wish that it was the parking lots and gas stations on Dupont getting the bulldozer treatment before these perfectly good brick buildings on Davenport. Those lots are closer to the subway anyway ;)

On behalf of UrbanToronto readers everywhere, you can't build on nearby parking lots that you don't own.

Definitely not out of scale for the area, and I say that as someone who lives nearby.

That said, it's one of the more attractive buildings on that stretch of Davenport which would be replaced by this development. That is what saddens me.

For this site, I'd rather see a renovation that opens up the ground/basement floor for retail, and adds a few stories up top. Of course, I'm not sure that is economical or feasible from an engineering perspective, just my preference in a perfect world.

Definitely not out of scale for the area, and I say that as someone who lives nearby.

That said, it's one of the more attractive buildings on that stretch of Davenport which would be replaced by this development. That is what saddens me.

For this site, I'd rather see a renovation that opens up the ground/basement floor for retail, and adds a few stories up top. Of course, I'm not sure that is economical or feasible from an engineering perspective, just my preference in a perfect world.
The curved brick corners are a nice touch.

Back