News   Apr 25, 2024
 435     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Dealing with poor construction in new condo

deep6ing

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi all... I will not name the development for now. Wondering the best way to deal with my builder. We had the PDI one day before occupancy. I caught 59 things and felt there were more... poor paint job, damage to walls, cabinets that open the wrong way, etc... I had an inspector come in today and he went much deeper... toilets that aren't properly attached to the floor, soft spots and popping in wood floors, electrical plugs that don't work, damage in cabinet frames, etc... I could go on and on. Luckily, we don't live there yet and have the luxury of not having to move in until everything gets addressed. What is the best way to deal with the builder? Starting a backchannel while still going through the Tarion process? I don't really want to wait 30 days (there are 27 left now) until they start to fix the issues as it's going to take awhile, but everything will go down on the 30 form that isn't fixed. Should I file the 30 day form early to get the ball rolling (as this guy found nearly everything) or tell them the issues ahead of filing the form so they can at least get going on them? New construction rookie here...

This is an old post, but Tarion is the way to go...builder isn't going to do anything unless it's on your 30 day PDI form. You can ask them directly, but I find that doesn't always work. Builder has so many things to do, they're not going to work on your issues unless they have to (Tarion) and even with that, it can take some time.

Back