Toronto 422 Wellington West | 14.33m | 2s | Allied | ERA Architects

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Apparently the grand old (1888) McLeish and Powell Houses at 422 and 424 Wellington Street West were sold recently, I will assume for redevelopment. They're listed on the heritage inventory, (and pretty terrific looking anyway), so I would assume they'd be included in new plans.

424WellWestGoogStView.jpg

That's Le Select Bistro just off to the left.

Attachments

• 424WellWestGoogStView.jpg
    424WellWestGoogStView.jpg
    712.3 KB · Views: 11,350
These are derelict, right? Be nice to see them occupied once again.

From what has been heard in the community ( a couple of times now) - a Brad Lamb development, with architectsAlliance - Peter Clewes - designing.

Highly likely. As soon as that passes from beyond a reasonable doubt to confirmed, we will change the thread title!

I count 21 floors in the render. Doesn't seem inappropriate for the area considering what seems to be a decent setback for the tower portion and that the Well will be across the street.

I like what I see so far. I already like this strip of Wellington St, and it is only going to improve over the next several years!

I have to admit that even though moving the buildings would be hugely expensive, and would detract some from the heritage value… but I would rather see the houses moved forward to form a more consistent street wall along this section of Wellington.

Sales Centre going up in a few weeks. Wellington Street peeps saying trees were cut down today.

why the heck is this moving to sales before they have even submitted a rezoning or site plan application.. This is probably 1.5-2 years off from development approvals, yet alone occupany. All that is going to happen is that the developer is going to post some stupidly optimistic occupancy date that ends up getting delayed 3 years.

Those were mature trees.
That is unfortunate, I don't understand why more people don't consider mature trees assets. Or why there is not better legislation to protect trees. Takes a lot longer to grow an old tree than to build something. I understand that sometimes they may need to go, but there should definitely be stricter assessment. I'd rather live in a building with mature trees than a building with saplings or nothing at all.

Back