I have had a history of problems due to the type of PCs that I use to get onto this website: company owned but not supported, for purposes of allowing for outside 'recreational communications'. Those problems were frustrating on their own - space errors, posts being wiped out or mangled and having to re-enter information several times, unactivated re-sends. So recent problems did not disturb me immediately, until I started to get a recurring database error page, on different levels of access, including entry into UT.
If I hadn't received return notes from SeanTrans and then Ed007Toronto after submitting e-mails, I wouldn't have known that my problems were also plaguing others.
The return notes indicate heavy traffic, combined with server problems and some background testing. I suppose you will get further detail on this thread, or elsewhere, momentarily.
Follow-on Note: It took me more than an hour to get back on after initially making this post.
We've had two issues to deal with. One is too much traffic. We upgraded our hosting package yesterday so that shouldn't be an issue for the next while. At least until traffic grows substantially.
The second is a bug somewhere that we can't figure out just yet. It seems someone is trying to do something the board doesn't like and it causes the server error. We're working on it so be patient. And we are aware of it because I get e-mail messages (350 plus yesterday) informing me of the issue.
Obviously we've had server problems for the last day. All posts from 6AM to 7PM yesterday have disappeared. They may or may not come back. We are in contact with the hosting company and will report back when we learn more.