News   Apr 18, 2024
 6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Dark Mode option

Bojaxs

Member Bio
Reaction score
Any chance this forum will be implementing a "Dark Mode" option we can select in our accounts?

I've enabled "Dark mode" in just about every other site I visit. Youtube, Reddit, Facebook, etc. I find the brightness of this forum really strains my eyes. Especially when I view it at night.

Any chance this forum will be implementing a "Dark Mode" option we can select in our accounts?

I've enabled "Dark mode" in just about every other site I visit. Youtube, Reddit, Facebook, etc. I find the brightness of this forum really strains my eyes. Especially when I view it at night.
Wikipedia doesn't have a non-technical way to enable dark mode on web browsers, though the official Wikipedia mobile app does.

XenForo forums can have dark mode enabled by the admins.

I have night shift on all day, and then you can also reduce your brightness in settings...I’m on an iPad.

The quickest fix would be to install Night Eye extension in your browser. It is free for the first 3 months, then you can either pay or use it for free but only for 5 websites of your choice. I need it only for two and pretty happy with it.
Here is what this page looks like with Night Eye:

Screenshot 2020-10-04 202448.png

The quickest fix would be to install Night Eye extension in your browser. It is free for the first 3 months, then you can either pay or use it for free but only for 5 websites of your choice. I need it only for two and pretty happy with it.
Here is what this page looks like with Night Eye:

View attachment 274056
Your avatar has the ugly squiggle around it when using Night Eye.

It is definitely not perfect, but fairly good tbh. Personally, I don't use it for UT, just cbc.ca and Instagram (that's what I like about it, you can choose the websites it works on). Obviously, a native solution by admins would be ideal, but it seems like @Bojaxs eyes could really benefit from some darkness immediately lol As I said, it is a fix, not a solution.

Last edited:
Yeah, the other forum I frequent has a bunch of skins including 2.5 dark ones. Half because one is sort of navy blue/dark mode.

Anyway, I use Dark Reader which is an add-on for Firefox, but a native one would be good for when I need to turn off Dark Reader. Dark Reader is FREE and unlimited. Why the hell are they charging for Night Eye?

XF publishes these skin add-ons from what I know from the other forum.

Dark Reader for Firefox/Tor:

Capture.PNG

I am blinded by the brightness of the Forums.... My entire PC is in Dark mode and this is one of the few remaining sites I frequent where I am not able to set to dark theme.

I am not interested in chrome extensions of any sort, but rather native way to set my preferences to have the site show up in dark.

Thanks

Back