Mississauga Daniels Erin Mills | ?m | 25s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
A lot happening in this area...Eglinton and Erin Mills Parkway in front of Credit Valley Hospital.

--Daniel's newest landmark community in Erin Mills.
--Located next to Erin Mills Town Centre, this new community will reflect Daniels' commitment to creating visionary master-planned urban
--neighbourhoods, where residents can live, work and shop.
http://www.danielshomes.ca/our_communities.html

DSCF8708.jpg

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=c50876646c52480e65977b58da8f1dd27446887d&projectid=9171491&region=ontario

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDINGS Proj: 9171491-1
Mississauga, Peel Reg ON CONTEMPLATED
Daniels' Town Centre, Erin Mills Pkwy & Eglinton Ave W, L5M
$20,000,000 est
Note: This project is extremely preliminary. Scope of work has not been released. Further update summer 2013.
www.danielstowncentre.com
Project: construction of a condominium development.
Scope: 5 structures
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs
This report Wed Jan 23, 2013.

Uhhh, that looks like that could be pretty good if that cap is done right. Oh, whatamItalking'bout? That'll get revised.

Found these online...
daniels-erin-mills2.jpg

daniels-erin-mills1.jpg

Attachments

• daniels-erin-mills2.jpg
    daniels-erin-mills2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 5,417
  • daniels-erin-mills1.jpg
    daniels-erin-mills1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 4,512
NIMBY horror

The local councilor held a public information session on Wednesday evening at a nearby school and damn, it got heated real fast. The residents in the area simply did not want these towers and were unwilling to even listen to the presentation by the Daniels Representative. On top of that, the councilor was unable to subdue to the crowd who kept yelling out throughout the entire meeting. I was there for a school project and I found it to be a very hilarious sight especially with all the outright NIBMY mentality.

None of the area residents did their research before purchasing homes in the area. The whole corridor along Eglinton south of Erin Mills Town Center was zoned for high density residential back in the 80's (the same time those single detached homes were built). These NIMBYS were simply ignoring that fact and didnt do their research before buying. They got even more heated when they found out that the 25 story building fronting Eglinton would become market value rental condos. A lot of them made irrational references to this area becoming the new Jane and Finch.

They presented the rendering but I was too far back to take a clear picture. The 42 story tower is a great improvement from whats currently in the area....(let's not talk about those atrocious new towers in the park west of the site by Pemberton Group). From what I remember, it had an oval shape to it with dark black and glass accents. The building is supposed to have a mix of residential, commercial and office space. It also meets the street very favourably and creates a really nice pedestrian realm. From the rendering I thought it was a great improvement for the area but I am not sure the height will be accepted by council. IF they're forced to change or compromise on the height, I'm hoping Daniels will keep the design of the tower.

Here is a link to the story on the local mississauga paper:

http://www.mississauga.com/news-story/4087287-erin-mills-residents-get-rowdy-with-daniels-corporation/

Last edited:
Whoa! I've never seen a rendering bust right out of the ground like that before. I wonder where it's coming from :confused:

Back