News   Apr 24, 2024
 484     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 659     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 512     0 

Cycling infrastructure (Separated bike lanes)

I know my condo and every condo I've lived in strictly prohibits the storage of any goods other than a vehicle in your parking space, so I haven't really experienced this phenomenon.
Yes, the Fire Code forbids MURB garages being used for any kind of storage except vehicles.

This thread seems to have gone seriously off course- time to move on!

Wondering if something like this movement in Russia would be legal here in Canada. Minus the fighting, arguing and pepper spray if course. But putting stickers on cars that park or stop illegally in bike lanes. Alternative would but just putting paper under the windshield but I feel stickers would be more effective. Just curious if anyone knows laws regarding this.

Interesting, in my building they allow small shopping carts and bikes. Sorry for the OT, no more I promise!
I know my condo and every condo I've lived in strictly prohibits the storage of any goods other than a vehicle in your parking space, so I haven't really experienced this phenomenon.

Yes, the Fire Code forbids MURB garages being used for any kind of storage except vehicles.

Would "vehicles" include bicycles? Could I install my own bicycle ranks in my "parking space" for my bicycles (plural)?

Some newer condos have a separate bicycle storage area, but some older condos don't. Just wondering.

Would "vehicles" include bicycles? Could I install my own bicycle ranks in my "parking space" for my bicycles (plural)?

Some newer condos have a separate bicycle storage area, but some older condos don't. Just wondering.
Talk to your condo management.

We have a specific vendor that does the rack installation so they are all uniform.

We just had a VERY thorough Toronto Fire Service inspection in our condo building. They allowed 'vehicles', shopping carts and bicycles in the garage They did not allow things like hockey bags, boxes or odd bits of wood. (Our condo Rules have 'always' allowed bikes and 'bundle buggies', though we do have a bike room too.) As our parking is 'common elements' owners should not install hooks or racks in them (at least not without asking.)

I think the main thing is they don't want piles of junk in parking spots that can become fire hazards or host vermin. It's hard to argue that bikes are more of a fire hazard than cars. A shocking number of cars have recalls/notices indicating they should not be parked in or near structures.

I think the main thing is they don't want piles of junk in parking spots that can become fire hazards or host vermin. It's hard to argue that bikes are more of a fire hazard than cars. A shocking number of cars have recalls/notices indicating they should not be parked in or near structures.
In some cases, those "piles of junk" end in the back seat or trunk. Including "fire hazards or host vermin" located in those vehicles.

Wondering if something like this movement in Russia would be legal here in Canada. Minus the fighting, arguing and pepper spray if course. But putting stickers on cars that park or stop illegally in bike lanes. Alternative would but just putting paper under the windshield but I feel stickers would be more effective. Just curious if anyone knows laws regarding this.

What we need is a system where anyone can take and upload a photo of bike lane violations to Toronto Bylaw enforcement. Since there is zero legal reasons for a car to be in a bike lane, it doesn’t matter if you have a handicapped sticker or are delivering live enabling gnocchi, the picture would tell TPA that “this“ vehicle is in violation. Perhaps TPA can’t send a ticket, but they can add this to a database that enables the city to understand the issue and TPA to push for funding

What we need is a system where anyone can take and upload a photo of bike lane violations to Toronto Bylaw enforcement. Since there is zero legal reasons for a car to be in a bike lane, it doesn’t matter if you have a handicapped sticker or are delivering live enabling gnocchi, the picture would tell TPA that “this“ vehicle is in violation. Perhaps TPA can’t send a ticket, but they can add this to a database that enables the city to understand the issue and TPA to push for funding
As far as I know, neither TPA nor City by-law officers have any authority to issue tickets to people parking in bike lanes; violations are dealt with by the police parking enforcement team.

From early September, work underway on adding a boulevard cycling path along Keele near Finch.

1634051794861.png

From Owen McGaughey's Twitter:

Back