News   Apr 19, 2024
 95     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 461     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 799     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Please someone tell me that Ben Spurr has made a mistake here.

Even by Toronto's standards, this is utterly bizarre.
Yes he has, as its longer than 50 Seconds. If you add the extra 10 seconds that I have seen for the LRV's that have to stop sooner than traffic, it will be even longer than what the car gods are telling him how long it will be between light changes.

If he is going by what the car gods are say and doesn't know about the extra 10 seconds, he maybe right. I have never time that it takes between light changes.

This is news to you? We've been talking about this for years now...

While the engineer that responded to him says there will be soft TSP, Metrolinx hasn't reaffirmed what he has said and all signs point to there no TSP at all.

So there really is less priority than streetcars and buses have on the TTC network today? Somehow I doubt that. It will likely be similar/better.

Okay, so it turns out that saying the line "won't operate with transit priority" might be a bit misleading. See this thread by transit planner @larrylarry on Twitter.

I hope he's right on this.

A second transport engineer has come out and said MX is incorrect on their claims of TSP not being implemented for ECLRT:

Last edited:
Part 9

A photo of Cedarvale station's west bus bay taken on September 28, 2021:

IMG_1990.jpg

Additional photos are found in the spoiler tag in the station page: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...station-m-s-metrolinx-norr.19747/post-1745568

Up next

Part 10 has more photos of the West Bus Bay

Screenshot_2021-10-13_031213.jpg

I got a few pics today at the Eglinton Maintenance and Storage Facility for the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit. We were offering feedback on their Rulebook and the first day of the 3 day ECLRT Rulebook Course. Thursday we take a walk around the facility and Mt. Dennis Station.

Full version of the night shot in the link above.

The grass tracks are looking really good - gives the above ground line a much more European tramway look compared to the concrete look of the light rail you tend to see in the US. Just need the streetscape and buildings on Eglinton to catch up :p

View attachment 355394

Will give us something nice to look at while we crawl along, waiting for cars to pass in front of a red transit signal.

ICYMI - Stakeholder consultancy power point and line 5 bus service changes with each bus listed and its changes once this line opens

Please pay attention to following quote:

34 Eglinton - This route was originally planned as a parallel surface route between Mount Dennis and Science Centre (Don Mills) Stations. It has been extended east to Kennedy Station so that there will be a surface bus paralleling the LRT service. This will maintain service at existing bus stops that would have otherwise disappeared.

My personal comments - why in the world will you run the 34 bus on the surface level when literally the eglinton lrt will stop at so many stops including the additional one of hakim lebovic. This means now Eglinton will have the LRT plus the diamond lane still for these busses. There will be so much continued congestion.

Slides 18-20 mainly

Bus Routes by bus # impacted due to EGLRT Opening

TTC indicated they have been directed by Metrolinx for an opening on Thursday, September 1st, 2022 (also that the service will be free until January 1st, 2023 - based on this I assume opening will likely be October/November)

Back