IMG_1958.jpg
IMG_1959.jpg
IMG_1960.jpg
IMG_1961.jpg
IMG_1962.jpg

Up next

Part 7: North Side Part 2

Last edited:
As someone who post a number of photos at a time, I chose 2-11shots for X project only for the day they were shot on, with the rest can be seen on my Flickr site for those who are interested in doing so. I can shoot 1-150 shots of a site depending what it is and what going on as well how much time I have to shoot. Very rare I exceed my max number and only do so if they are really needed or that all the photos that day. Sometimes I reduce my max number.

Sometimes it hard to say which photo should be posted that become a choice that some will say x photo on my Flickr site should had been used in the posting. It a matter of choice and been wrong a few times doing it.

This reduce the scrolling for a positing as well getting to the next posting. Its a real pain to scroll this thread in the last while. It also reduce the strain on the site.

All photos are welcome, but keep in mind that some folks prefer to see no photos.

I would have chose x photos for each side that did not exceed x numbers. I do this for Dennis, Keelesdale, Young, Kennedy and Caledonia stations. This also applies to the ROW. Have yet to shot other stations due to time and nice to see photos of them to see what taking place.

Remember, a photo is worth a 1,000 words and which photo is saying that and more when it comes to posting them.

^ Certainly a concern, but will it not be fairly easy to adjust the signal infrastructure a few months after it opens if they are having on-time performance issues?

^ Certainly a concern, but will it not be fairly easy to adjust the signal infrastructure a few months after it opens if they are having on-time performance issues?
the biggest difficulty lies in determining who 'they' are, and if the 'they' who are willing to pay for signal upgrades is the same 'they' who is contractually on the hook for underperformance (...who is the same 'they' who has authority to allow new/innovative signalization strategies).

point being, even if CTSM wants to upgrade, you need to get TTC, Mx and the city to agree AND figure out who's gonna pay. I don't see this happening!

the biggest difficulty lies in determining who 'they' are, and if the 'they' who are willing to pay for signal upgrades is the same 'they' who is contractually on the hook for underperformance (...who is the same 'they' who has authority to allow new/innovative signalization strategies).

point being, even if CTSM wants to upgrade, you need to get TTC, Mx and the city to agree AND figure out who's gonna pay. I don't see this happening!
This isn't a monumental task. The TTC/City have employed transit priority at various locations elsewhere on the transit network.

This could be bureaucratic squabbling. Or perhaps they couldn't figure out how to effectively implement signal priority? We really need more answers, this is unacceptable.

Please someone tell me that Ben Spurr has made a mistake here.

Even by Toronto's standards, this is utterly bizarre.
Okay, so it turns out that saying the line "won't operate with transit priority" might be a bit misleading. See this thread by transit planner @larrylarry on Twitter.

I hope he's right on this.

https://twitter.com/larrylarry/status/1448004603639894019?s=20

Back