News   Apr 18, 2024
 374     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     4 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Kind of unrelated to the grass topic currently going on (which look great btw).... Is anyone else concerned about capacity issues on the Eglinton LRT within the end of the decade? Another 10 towers proposed a few days ago between 42-52 stories at eglinton and wynford. Also another development on the south west corner of don mills and eglinton got proposed yesterday (see link below) we don't know the number of towers but would be a safe bet it will be at least 10 of them considering the space there.

Ontario Line realistically won't be in place till early 2030s. Overcrowding on the Eglinton LRT will be the norm with perhaps busses during peak hours lol? I also guess they won't have an option and will need to make it grade separated with serious signal priority until Don Mills... we still don't know how many condos will be built on the South East of the intersection yet that development project is probably ramping up in the background before they submit their apps.

The ridership modelling (which included new developments) for the route is well within LRT capacity. If you go back and check it out, it's no where near the top end of capacity.
It takes around 3-5 years after breaking ground for people to move into a building. With the DRL running around 2030 I don't see there being any problem with capacity throughout this Crosstown within the next couple decades.

Kind of unrelated to the grass topic currently going on (which look great btw).... Is anyone else concerned about capacity issues on the Eglinton LRT within the end of the decade? Another 10 towers proposed a few days ago between 42-52 stories at eglinton and wynford. Also another development on the south west corner of don mills and eglinton got proposed yesterday (see link below) we don't know the number of towers but would be a safe bet it will be at least 10 of them considering the space there.

Ontario Line realistically won't be in place till early 2030s. Overcrowding on the Eglinton LRT will be the norm with perhaps busses during peak hours lol? I also guess they won't have an option and will need to make it grade separated with serious signal priority until Don Mills... we still don't know how many condos will be built on the South East of the intersection yet that development project is probably ramping up in the background before they submit their apps.

The ridership modelling (which included new developments) for the route is well within LRT capacity. If you go back and check it out, it's no where near the top end of capacity.
It takes around 3-5 years after breaking ground for people to move into a building. With the DRL running around 2030 I don't see there being any problem with capacity throughout this Crosstown within the next couple decades.
I’d be amazed if we see more than 3,500 people at peak hour travelling westbound into Yonge station at peak hour once the OL is open. The trains will be very empty.

I’d be amazed if we see more than 3,500 people at peak hour travelling westbound into Yonge station at peak hour once the OL is open. The trains will be very empty.
The 32 Eglinton West bus, in 2018, carried 35,000 customers per day (14,900 on Sundays). That's using buses (46 buses in the morning rush, 41 buses in the afternoon rush). Expect to see much more people using light rail vehicles.

I have 4,000 clams to say that your numbers are on the low side.

The 900 Airport Express in 2018 carried 4,400 daily passengers. How many will transfer to Line 5 when it is extended to the Pearson Transit Hub?
Depends on where riders are coming from or to if they still need to get to line 2,

Line 5 is only going to the Renforth Hub at this time since there is no real plans for the airport hub nor the wiliness to build it at this time.

If they are going to bother to extend it all the way to Renforth then why not go the extra mile and go to the airport in one phase.

If they are going to bother to extend it all the way to Renforth then why not go the extra mile and go to the airport in one phase.
Because Metrolinx wants GTAA to pony up cash and provide land for the tracks and the station. If it wasn't for COVID cutting into GTAA's profits, it probably would have happened in phase 1. Now it's got to wait until GTAA makes their transit plans before it's worth trying to make the connection.

Because Metrolinx wants GTAA to pony up cash and provide land for the tracks and the station. If it wasn't for COVID cutting into GTAA's profits, it probably would have happened in phase 1. Now it's got to wait until GTAA makes their transit plans before it's worth trying to make the connection.

GTAA leases the land from the federal government; they have to assist in that regard as the land cannot be expropriated by the province.

Back