News   Apr 24, 2024
 514     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 718     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 518     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

You could see that from the photo a couple pages back that the Fairbanks secondary entrance that’s suppose to be in front of the Shoppers haven’t been built.
If so, the website (see link) hasn't been updated.

ext_fairbank_secondary_90.jpg

Likely, it seems to be simple and quick to build overground. Underground likely where the real work is being done.

^Maybe Metrolinx should stop building transit and concentrate on producing drone videos. They are actually pretty good at that.

(Does anyone now doubt that they will transfer LRV's by road to test the east end of the new line? It's gonna be a while before the trackwork can be finished)

- Paul

There is no way Eglinton Station will be ready for opening in 2022... I wonder if they will announce the delay before provincial election in June 2022 or after the election.

I'm not an expert at all, but does it maybe look worse than it is? It looks like to this layman that all the structural stuff is done and now it's a question of pouring a lot of concrete, and of course other items. I think the latest news is that they expect to open late 2022?

I'm not an expert at all, but does it maybe look worse than it is? It looks like to this layman that all the structural stuff is done and now it's a question of pouring a lot of concrete, and of course other items. I think the latest news is that they expect to open late 2022?

The rail track is complete up to Fairbank Station from the west. Next comes Oakwood, then Cedarvale, then Forest Hill, then Chaplin, then Avenue, and then Eglinton. In the east, the rail track is complete up to the Brentcliffe Portal. Then comes Laird, then Leaside, then Mount Pleasant, and then Eglinton.

The rail track is complete up to Fairbank Station from the west. Next comes Oakwood, then Cedarvale, then Forest Hill, then Chaplin, then Avenue, and then Eglinton. In the east, the rail track is complete up to the Brentcliffe Portal. Then comes Laird, then Leaside, then Mount Pleasant, and then Eglinton.
Tracks are completed from the laird portal to Don River bridge near Sloane Ave with rails missing on the bridge. From the bridge to Kennedy portal, tracks are done and no idea where tracks are for Kennedy station.

The big issues hold up the opening in 2022 and most likely be fall is the Yonge Station. Until tracks are in place for Yonge as well the OS, no train can get to the east side of it to test the rest of the line.

The other question is how many cars does ML have that can be put into service at this time as well by the end of 2021?? 6212 just return from TB as a finish car and 6202 was just ship to TB to be finish. No idea how many are up there now.

Testing of the line will get under way this fall to burn in the cars with operation scheduling service requirement in early 2022 for a least 2 months to make sure there are no issues like Ottawa on opening day. Only when Yonge is ready for service will the line open. By then, all drivers will have a lot of time knowing the system and what to watch for come opening day other than ridership.

The virtual open house presentation of April 14th mentioned for Cedarvale that "train testing through station will begin". I asked the question "what does this entail?" and I got this response from Metrolinx. "The testing of the revenue vehicles (LRV) has been ongoing for some time between the EMSF and Caledonia. For the next phase of testing, LRVs will be transported by road to the at-grade section, where they will operate between Laird and Kennedy until the track and OCS are completed through Eglinton Station next year.". They told me separately in Twitter that six LRV's are being shipped over to the surface section for testing. No timeline was mentioned just that it would happen later this year. I asked Crosstown in Twitter how many Flexity Freedom LRV's had been delivered to the Eglinton Maintenance and Storage Facility. They say 44, the April 14th Virtual presentation says 45.

There is a difference between occupying or using a facility before it is completely finished. I had moved into a house, and there was no landscaping, no grass, no trees, and no driveway. Just dirt and gravel and the house. In condos, for example, they can still be working hard on unfinished suites, while other suites on the same floor are occupied.

They can complete the structure and have it ready to be be used, but finishings like tiles, windows, and full lighting can be delayed, but still be opened.

^I’m going to speculate that the turnback tracks at Laird and Sloan will be where those six cars get stored.

- Paul

Back