News   Apr 16, 2024
 355     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 384     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 743     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Do you all think Del Duca would actually get elected? The Liberal used the all talks and stall tactics to buy votes while pushing everything past the next term.
Del Duca would be the worst choice in the history of politics... He barely got anything done as the transportation minister. Imagine him being Premier lol. I am liberal supporter however will be voting for Ford. He is the only one to get these 4 major Toronto transit projects pass the finish line

Del Duca would be the worst choice in the history of politics... He barely got anything done as the transportation minister. Imagine him being Premier lol. I am liberal supporter however will be voting for Ford. He is the only one to get these 4 major Toronto transit projects pass the finish line

He has the charisma of a wet rag running a party that currently barely exists.

I'd wager seeing Doug Ford fly before he became elected.

Yep. I'm almost tempted to vote PC just to get rid of Del Duca. He seems like a bonehead. So is Doug, but at least he seems to have largely mellowed from his bull in a chinashop antics when he first took office.

He has the charisma of a wet rag running a party that currently barely exists.

I'd wager seeing Doug Ford fly before he became elected.
There is a lot of inertia behind LPO. They will bounce back strongly even with a damp rag as leader. LPO support collapsed due to exhaustion with the previous administration.

If Doug gets both Eg West and Scarborough subway contracts awarded, he has done more in the last 2 years than the Liberals did in a decade.

When Doug gets the 401 expansion contract out, he does the whole 18km all the way to Milton. The Liberals only manage to start 410 to Credit River in a decade and have that finally done recently. I have zero confidence in Del Duca.

Its a little more complicated with an LRT line. More safety stuff for photographers.

There are also tons of photos on their instagram, twitter, Facebook and on their blog.
Metrolinx doesn't add pictures very often. Which is very disappointing for one of the largest infrastructure projects on Canadian soil in a long time. You would think they would want to show off what they are building in more detail. I once asked the Crosstown media team if they could have something like what the NY MTA Capital Construction group does on Flickr. They basically gave me a non answer, and told me to keep checking their social media accounts for updates. If the MTA can keep a photographer on staff for their major projects, and regularly add pictures to Flickr for public consumption, surely safety concerns for a photographer by Metrolinx could be addressed.

Check out the album for MTA East Side Access here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mtacc-esa/ Just one of many albums they have. Second Avenue Subway, and the 7 extension to Hudson Yards was also extensively covered on Flickr.

@CaskoChan Check out the link I posted above for NY MTA. That is a photo album!

There is a lot of inertia behind LPO. They will bounce back strongly even with a damp rag as leader. LPO support collapsed due to exhaustion with the previous administration.
The LPO atm have absolutely nothing. Sure the brand could carry a lot but especially with a damp rag, they really need to pull a rabbit out of their hat to get any form of momentum. Any votes they get would at best be "anti Doug Ford" votes and even then that doesn't seem like a good strategy at least given the state of Ontario today. Its especially important to note that because they lost major party status, the amount of news coverage the LPO got was basically non-existant. I'd bet if you asked most people in Ontario who the current liberal leader is, a good majority of them wouldn't be able to give you an answer.

When Doug gets the 401 expansion contract out, he does the whole 18km all the way to Milton. The Liberals only manage to start 410 to Credit River in a decade and have that finally done recently. I have zero confidence in Del Duca.
This has nothing to do with politicians, this has to do with Infrastructure Ontario & the MTO's funding and scheduling goals.
It also has to do with the fact that the Milton section is being built with Asphalt over concrete, which, when considering MTO specs, is about 5* easier to construct.

There are also huge swaths of the corridor that are built in farmland and with extensive ROW sections. Building that section is a lot easier.

Finally, Dufferin is incompetent.

. LPO support collapsed due to exhaustion with the previous administration.

And Del Duca was an integral cog in that previous administration. By choosing him leader, LPO chose to renew/life extend that administration rather than excise the attitudes and complacency that wore out their welcome with the voters.
I’m no Ford fan but I predict he will be reelected.

- Paul

And Del Duca was an integral cog in that previous administration. By choosing him leader, LPO chose to renew/life extend that administration rather than excise the attitudes and complacency that wore out their welcome with the voters.
I’m no Ford fan but I predict he will be reelected.

- Paul
So do I. Del Duca is a dud. LPO is in the doldrums and will need to lose the next election and select a new leader to have any hope. There is a chance that he will displace the NDP as the opposition, though.

If Doug gets both Eg West and Scarborough subway contracts awarded, he has done more in the last 2 years than the Liberals did in a decade.

Ummm..........don't get me wrong, the previous administration made its share of mis-steps.

Some of them scandalously so.

But....

That statement is rather an over-reach.

The two projects above represent 17km of transit.

The previous Administration.........

Planned, Approved, Funded and substantially Constructed the subject of this thread, which is a 19km route.

It did the same for the TYSSE (Spadina Subway Extension)

That's another 8.6km

For a total of 27.6km right there.

They also substantially increased GO Transit Service, moving from Hourly on Lakeshore to every 30m all-day, and every 15m on weekdays (daytime)

Not to mention substantially going from rush-hour, to 2-way, all-day service on the Barrie Line; and coming close to that, on weekday for the Kitchener corridor (rush hours excepted).

That's not to suggest they couldn't or shouldn't have done better; or that they didn't over promise and under deliver.

But Doug Ford is a very long way from achieving more than the the McGuinty/Wynne Liberals on transit, or pretty much any other file.

Back