News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 536     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Am I the only one who wishes that Eglinton West and East extensions were built before Finch West? Like the money for that project went into Eglinton East and West instead. I realize it wouldn't cover all the expenses, but I dunno, finish something before you start something else! haha.

Am I the only one who wishes that Eglinton West and East extensions were built before Finch West? Like the money for that project went into Eglinton East and West instead. I realize it wouldn't cover all the expenses, but I dunno, finish something before you start something else! haha.
I mean Eglinton Crosstown is a finished project even in its first phase. Its not like the Sheppard Subway or the previous Eglinton West Subway where they were short and unfinished Stubs.

As I said earlier, a staggered opening of Line 5 could work with revenue service running from Mount Dennis to Cedarvale next year and the rest of the line would open the following year.

I agree but no revenue service. Forget that. They messed up, Metrolinx and Crosslinx. The real timeline was for 2020. It should be free until its completely done, as an apology to the communities theyve screwed over for what will be an 3 extra years from the intended date.

Opening that section would help a lot. Since Cedarvale is Eglinton West, it already would divert riders onto either the subway, or the surface buses on Eglinton, and Mount Dennis has the GO/UP so it’s not a complete bottleneck on either end for now.

And also, you know the free service would be the furthest thing from reality in this instance. Imagine they do that one day free service across the whole ttc as the only thing like how we got it on the Line 1 extension.

the only thing i could see delaying it is Finch West station or Humber Collage station.
Unlike the crosstown, Humber College is on a parking lot where they can do anything they want without being interfered with traffic and Finch West is located above line 1 with a rough in connector. If they screw up, they really have nobody to blame except covid-19.

The fly-over really makes it clear why the eastern portion is on street level.
No, it really makes it clear as to why the eastern portion should have been elevated.

- Minimal redevelopment potential in many areas, especially around the don valley
- No homes within a close enough proximity for it to be an issue
- Poor intersection design (access/egress)
- Usage of crossing corridors (ie victoria park)
etc.

No, it really makes it clear as to why the eastern portion should have been elevated.

- Minimal redevelopment potential in many areas, especially around the don valley
- No homes within a close enough proximity for it to be an issue
- Poor intersection design (access/egress)
- Usage of crossing corridors (ie victoria park)
etc.
And how much more will it cost to built and maintain it over 30 years compare to on street cost?? Most of all, what happens for people who need an elevator when the the elevator is out of service since they have the same rights to use it all the time like you proposed???

Speed, speed is not everything when people can't gain access to the line nor going from end to end in the first place .

Most of all, what happens for people who need an elevator when the the elevator is out of service since they have the same rights to use it all the time like you proposed???
What happens at any other station or aprtment building or office or anything when the elevator is out of service. The potential for elevators to go out of service is no excuse for not building good transit by any stretch😐

Agreed, need for elevators to be in working order is not a good reason for transit to be at grade mixing with traffic. Otherwise we should shut down the subways and replace them with buses.

Speed is important if the goal is to make transit an appealing option for crosstown trips.

Back