News   Apr 23, 2024
 248     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 454     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

As I said earlier, a staggered opening of Line 5 could work with revenue service running from Mount Dennis to Cedarvale next year and the rest of the line would open the following year.

I agree but no revenue service. Forget that. They messed up, Metrolinx and Crosslinx. The real timeline was for 2020. It should be free until its completely done, as an apology to the communities theyve screwed over for what will be an 3 extra years from the intended date.

Verster has no choice but to articulate the line that the ML lawyers will need when they sit down with Crosslinx to settle up.

There are too many logistical things that prevent opening without that last last station.... signoff on building and fire codes, emergency egress, signalling, protection of workers finishing the station, placement of scaffolds, you name it. Perhaps a few steps could be skipped - interior finishes, that sort of thing.

Although, an interim transfer bus shuttle from Avenue Road to Davisville would be interesting to watch ;-)

- Paul

Verster has no choice but to articulate the line that the ML lawyers will need when they sit down with Crosslinx to settle up.

There are too many logistical things that prevent opening without that last last station.... signoff on building and fire codes, emergency egress, signalling, protection of workers finishing the station, placement of scaffolds, you name it. Perhaps a few steps could be skipped - interior finishes, that sort of thing.

Although, an interim transfer bus shuttle from Avenue Road to Davisville would be interesting to watch ;-)

- Paul

I would suggest just running the existing Eglinton buses along with the LRT until the thing is fully running. People can (and will) transfer to the LRT if they want, or stay on the 33/34 bus.

I wouldnt remove any other service until the thing is fully operational.

I think the plan is to simply run the LRT trains without stopping at Eglinton station. In the same manner that many station on many systems have opened later than their surrounding stations. Those wanting to transfer to the subway can do so at Cedarview.

I think the plan is to simply run the LRT trains without stopping at Eglinton station. In the same manner that many station on many systems have opened later than their surrounding stations. Those wanting to transfer to the subway can do so at Cedarview.
where have you seen this plan?

I can't imagine much work getting done with the catenary energised in the station. Scaffolds, ladders, fork lifts, long pieces of conduit......... a recipe for trouble.

- Paul

Main entrance of Fairbank station today:

IMG_0019.jpg

where have you seen this plan?
We discussed it above when they announced the 5-month opening delay, 3 months ago.

Also see the newspapers such as https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...onths-late-and-without-its-eglinton-stop.html

I can't imagine much work getting done with the catenary energised in the station. Scaffolds, ladders, fork lifts, long pieces of conduit......... a recipe for trouble.
So building a second platform at Union would have been impossible if they had used catenary rather than second rail?

It's a good job that cars won't be driving under the catenary throughout Scarborough!

Last edited:

Back