News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 570     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 874     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

Wondering if they'll use the crossover or storage tracks on the east end to temporary store at least one light rail vehicle for testing purposes? Assuming they'll be able to power up the sections east of Eglinton Station.

alignment_map_w_storage_track.jpg

From link.

Wondering if they'll use the crossover or storage tracks on the east end to temporary store at least one light rail vehicle for testing purposes? Assuming they'll be able to power up the sections east of Eglinton Station.

alignment_map_w_storage_track.jpg

From link.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but why do they have crossover tracks between both Ionview and Kennedy and Ionview and Birchmount? Wouldnt it make more sense to spread them out like the rest of the line?

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but why do they have crossover tracks between both Ionview and Kennedy and Ionview and Birchmount? Wouldnt it make more sense to spread them out like the rest of the line?

They do the same thing on the TTC. Warden, Islington, Bayview, Sheppard-Yonge and Pioneer Village all have them.

If things go to hell at a terminal, you need to be able to turn back vehicles in close proximity. It does not help anyone to turn back trains at Pharmacy for example.

Think of it like on the Sheppard Line. If there is a Priority One at Sheppard-Yonge (on Line 1) they can turn trains around at Bayview.

They do the same thing on the TTC. Warden, Islington, Bayview, Sheppard-Yonge and Pioneer Village all have them.

If things go to hell at a terminal, you need to be able to turn back vehicles in close proximity. It does not help anyone to turn back trains at Pharmacy for example.

Think of it like on the Sheppard Line. If there is a Priority One at Sheppard-Yonge (on Line 1) they can turn trains around at Bayview.

"Priority One" on the TTC usually means suicide. Something we can expect if they do not install platform screen doors on the Crosstown.

Ah that makes sense.

But then whey is there no switch track between Keelesdale and Cedarvale? Thats a pretty significant section....

Apparently Crosslinx is suing the province for 134M because of Covid. I must confess, I blame the Premier for many things.

I presume this is an attempt to take a bite out of Verster's statement that Yonge station must be completed on the pre-covid schedule or pay penalties.

Vendors considering a bid on Ontario Line and GO Expansion will be watching this pretty closely. I'm guessing in Alliance style tenders that change of law impacting cost will be a risk Metrolinx is forced to absorb.

Last edited:
You must have forgotten this:

AoD

These are reasonable claims though. This one will go nowhere. You cant sue for act-of-god situations. Even if you argue that the provinces action because of an act-of-god situation was not adequate, its a very weak argument.

This only shows how desperate they are.

These are reasonable claims though. This one will go nowhere. You cant sue for act-of-god situations. Even if you argue that the provinces action because of an act-of-god situation was not adequate, its a very weak argument.

This only shows how desperate they are.
The only valid suing point is how the province handle the pandemic. Being a new thing to all governments, I would say everyone is a newbie and is pretty hard to do the best thing.
Pretty much the only thing ML can be proved wrong is forcing the opening date on them. ML is saying they were already behind and money was given to them to speed up. Now is up to the court to look at the evidence and say is the date reasonable.

This kinda thing also will set the stage for future P3 projects and how much they will bid or the willingness to bid. The risk is clearly too high.

viruses don't typically fall under act of god... it's largely for environmental disasters.
I think a lot of contracts invoked the force majeure clause due to COVID--it certainly happened with projects I am involved in, due to inability to travel freely to complete on-site work.

Back