News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 866     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

first thing that popped to mind when someone mentions problems in Ottawa, but I could be wrong. Didn't follow very closely.

^I’m not sure why it matters which part gets commissioned first. The key testing will be end to end.

One does not locate the MSF to facilitate commissioning. One locates it for other reasons. Like land availability and cost.

Commissioning bugs and glitches are a bit like losing your keys - they always turn up in the last place you look. Or in this case, the last place you test. Whatever gets finished first will have to sit idle until the last bit is completed. I’d be more worried about something not being right in the underground sections, as that might be much harder to correct.

- Paul

^I’m not sure why it matters which part gets commissioned first. The key testing will be end to end.

One does not locate the MSF to facilitate commissioning. One locates it for other reasons. Like land availability and cost.

Commissioning bugs and glitches are a bit like losing your keys - they always turn up in the last place you look. Or in this case, the last place you test. Whatever gets finished first will have to sit idle until the last bit is completed. I’d be more worried about something not being right in the underground sections, as that might be much harder to correct.

- Paul

The Davisville Subway Yards opened months before the subway opened. The Belt Line Railway (no longer in service today) was used to deliver the Gloucester subway cars. Today, the Davisville Yard is small compared to the Wilson and Greenwood Yards, but is still in service (for now). See link. Any MSF is preferred to have access to a working railway.

Reactions: max
Supposed to be 2021, but the current completion date as of now is 2022.

That's for the entire line. Because of undocumented piping, wiring, and other previously hidden "parts", Eglinton Station is behind. Using crossovers or bypassing incomplete stations, parts of the line could be in service, or at least enter testing phase, before 2022.

^I have to say, what a difference the last 6-8 months has made....this thing is actually coming together.

- Paul

Appearances can be deceiving.

The surface portion of the line - which was always the easiest to do - is just about done, sure. But there is still huge amounts of dirt being excavated at many of the pits-to-be-stations across Eglinton.

Dan

That's for the entire line. Because of undocumented piping, wiring, and other previously hidden "parts", Eglinton Station is behind. Using crossovers or bypassing incomplete stations, parts of the line could be in service, or at least enter testing phase, before 2022.

Is that a realistic expectation though? At what point does a decision need to be made that says "we can open in 2021, but _______ stations will remain closed". Or would it just make more sense for them to delay the whole thing until the expected deadline so they can do more in-depth track testing to make sure its perfect before opening day?

Back