News   Apr 24, 2024
 10     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 390     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 431     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Will go buses be able to serve Mount Dennis? i can see them using 400/black creek to get to/from the station and they obviously have connections to the 401/407 (and if I’m being honest even Eglinton itself between the 427/401-Mt Dennis isn bad either

Though, Mt Dennis will "compete" with Yorkdale for the 401 GO buses. While buses from the 400 north will arrive to the 407 Transitway station.

They are starting with two Flexity Freedom cars/vehicles and will expand it to 3 when demand warrants it.
Platforms will start at 60 meters. Knockout panels will hide the extra 30m until the time comes.
Why do they need to hide the extra 30 m with knockout panels? It's not like they haven't finished building those parts, or have they?

Why do they need to hide the extra 30 m with knockout panels? It's not like they haven't finished building those parts, or have they?

If it's open then it needs to be cleaned, painted, lit, maintained, and trains wait for the people who stand in the wrong place to board. Nobody has missed the covered 1/3rd of the Sheppard platforms and it's been nearly 20 years.

Just encase "cough, Cough" not needed....lol, more like how do we expand the box??. They did the same same for Sheppard and they are finish, other than the centre platform at Yonge..

Just encase "cough, Cough" not needed....lol, more like how do we expand the box??. They did the same same for Sheppard and they are finish, other than the centre platform at Yonge..
Just in case the Yonge Line is down and they need to transport riders from the Yonge side to the university side using 3-cars trains.

They are starting with two Flexity Freedom cars/vehicles and will expand it to 3 when demand warrants it.
Platforms will start at 60 meters. Knockout panels will hide the extra 30m until the time comes.

The underground platforms will all be 90m long, although the station boxes are all about 140m due to ventilation and utilities. The surface platforms are all 60m long with the potential to expand them to 90m should the need arise.

Dan

Will go buses be able to serve Mount Dennis? i can see them using 400/black creek to get to/from the station and they obviously have connections to the 401/407 (and if I’m being honest even Eglinton itself between the 427/401-Mt Dennis isn bad either

The bus terminal will include 15 bus bays for buses and will have an underground, accessible connection to the 3500 Eglinton Avenue West building.

The bus terminal at Mount Dennis is designed to be reduced in size once the Eglinton West LRT extension to the Pearson Transit Hub is completed. The Pearson Transit Hub is supposed become a "Union Station West", so it could replace many buses coming in from the west or northwest. See link.

The bus terminal will include 15 bus bays for buses and will have an underground, accessible connection to the 3500 Eglinton Avenue West building.

The bus terminal at Mount Dennis is designed to be reduced in size once the Eglinton West LRT extension to the Pearson Transit Hub is completed. The Pearson Transit Hub is supposed become a "Union Station West", so it could replace many buses coming in from the west or northwest. See link.
Only 35 Jane/935 Jane Express/27 Jane South would discontinue to use the terminal, majority of the routes would continue to service Mt Dennis.

On Crosstown opening, I expect the bus bay usage to be:
35 JANE - NB
27 JANE SOUTH - SB
935 JANE EXPRESS - NB
935 JANE EXPRESS - SB
89 WESTON/989 WESTON EXPRESS - NB
89 WESTON/989 WESTON EXPRESS - SB
32 EGLINTON WEST - WB
170 EMMETT - WB
34 EGLINTON - EB
71 RUNNYMEDE - NB
71 RUNNYMEDE - SB/171 MT DENNIS - WB
161 ROGERS RD - EB
168 SYMINGTON - SB
+2 Unloading Bay

With Eg West opening, the 4 bays for Jane would be freed. The 989 would move to it's own bays, 171 could get it's own bay and W-T would get one instead of sharing with a bus route. The 32 could continue to provide local service. I really don't see why they would reduce the size of the bus terminal even with the opening of Eg West LRT.

"above ground" is a confusing term. I think the intent from @mjl08 was "on-ground" and not above it.
There are a few factors such as station length and station spacing. Assuming 1km spacing, in today's dollars, I'd guess.
Tunneled using TBM (20m deep stations with 100-150m long platforms) = $400 to $600M/km.
Cut-and-cover (10m deep stations with 100-150m long platforms) = $250 to $400M/km
Elevated (80 to 120m long platforms) = $150-250M/km
On street (50 to 80m long platforms) = $100 to $125/km

Summary,
View attachment 255501

Would tunnel mining costs be somewhere between TBM and cut and cover? Some portions of Crosstown were mined (like at some stations) and all of the Ottawa LRT was mined. Or would it be even more expensive than TBM since it's less efficient?

Only 35 Jane/935 Jane Express/27 Jane South would discontinue to use the terminal, majority of the routes would continue to service Mt Dennis.

35 JANE - NB
27 JANE SOUTH - SB
935 JANE EXPRESS - NB
935 JANE EXPRESS - SB
32 EGLINTON WEST - WB
170 EMMETT - WB
34 EGLINTON - EB
71 RUNNYMEDE - NB
161 ROGERS RD - EB
168 SYMINGTON - SB
+2 Unloading Bay

With Eg West opening, the 4 bays for Jane would be freed. The 989 would move to it's own bays, 171 could get it's own bay and W-T would get one instead of sharing with a bus route. The 32 could continue to provide local service. I really don't see why they would reduce the size of the bus terminal even with the opening of Eg West LRT.

If the 34 EGLINTON Eastbound is included, we should get surface bus routes along the entire Line 1 (Yonge Street portion) and Line 2 (Bloor Street and Danforth Avenue).

Unless they will be running parallel buses because they don't trust that the elevators and escalators will be running for accessibility purposes on Line 5.

What about the broken or out-of-service elevators and escalators on the other lines? Will the TTC be running shuttle buses when that happens? :eek:

Last edited:

35 JANE - NB
27 JANE SOUTH - SB
935 JANE EXPRESS - NB
935 JANE EXPRESS - SB
32 EGLINTON WEST - WB
170 EMMETT - WB
34 EGLINTON - EB
71 RUNNYMEDE - NB
161 ROGERS RD - EB
168 SYMINGTON - SB
+2 Unloading Bay

How long does it take a bus to detour into the bus terminal and back? It seems like a lot of turns. Does anyone if the buses will be allowed to turn left at Keelesdale rd and Eglinton?

How long does it take a bus to detour into the bus terminal and back? It seems like a lot of turns. Does anyone if the buses will be allowed to turn left at Keelesdale rd and Eglinton?

The plans call for a bus-only intersection at Keelesdale Road & Eglinton Avenue West at Mt. Dennis Station. From link, dated Aug 01, 2018.

mount-dennis-station-5639067b-caa9-4789-9f12-db6095e3106-resize-750.jpeg

This image is way different to what they are actually built up to today.

However, they built a new Keelesdale Road next to the old Keelesdale Road, leading to the No Frills store and Photograhy Drive. There is room for a wider roadway, but they haven't yet demolished the old road nor have they levelled the traffic island on Eglinton Avenue West in front of Keelesdale Road. (The roadway labelled as "Keelesdale Road" is labelled "Keelesdale Drive" on Google map, see link.)

Back